mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to layer more than 2 voices? + quick bank question."

Posted on: January 21, 2013 @ 05:33 PM
blacksheep806
Total Posts:  1
Joined  01-21-2013

Hi, I got mx61 some days ago and I was wondering how can I layer multiple voices and play those all at same time, just basic voice layering.

I’ve read this has 16 multi timbral but what does that actually even mean. Does it mean I can have 16 voices layered and play those all together? If yes how to do that?

Yet I’m just fighting with the performance mode to find a way to play like part 1, 2, 3 and 4 together.
And I’m not talking about any arpeggio stuff I don’t care about those, I just wanna simple layering that I can play multiple voices together.

And what I’ve understand only way to do like quick bank for favorite voices is just to put those to one performance? Why is it like that, since you can then have only 4 insert effects? Makes no sense.

I have scrolled through the whole manual and didn’t find the answer.

Things can’t be so complicated (well they shouldn’t be), what am I missing?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2013 @ 10:31 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I’ve read this has 16 multi timbral but what does that actually even mean. Does it mean I can have 16 voices layered and play those all together? If yes how to do that?

The statement that an instrument is 16 PART multi-timbral means it is capable of calling up and sounding 16 different instrument sounds at once. This is typically used for working with an external DAW sequencer - where you communicate to the MX tone engine on sixteen separate MIDI channels.

But it also is possible to LAYER sounds. The way the MX works from the from panel is as follows: When you recall a PERFORMANCE (PERFORMANCE light is lit) you are actually recording a program that has 16 instrument sounds, accessible by pressing the [PART SELECT] button and then a numbered button [1]-[16]. You can place any VOICE on any PART. Each PART 1-16 is assigned a MIDI RECEIVE CHANNEL 1-16.

If neither the [LAYER] or [SPLIT] button is lit, you are in SINGLE mode - each of the [PART SELECT] buttons [1]-[16] will allow you to play the one VOICE assigned to that PART/CHANNEL.

The [LAYER] button allows you to instantly layer the sound assigned to PART 1 with the sound assigned to PART 2.

The [SPLIT] button allows you to instantly split the keyboard with the sound assigned to PART 1 on the Right Hand, and the sound assigned to PART 2 on the Left Hand.

If you press the [RHYTHM PATTERN] button you can add a Drum pattern which will trigger the sound assigned to PART 10.

This quick access to your sounds is an essential part of the MX operation via the front panel.

For those that that want to use the PERFORMANCE as mega Performances (where you are splitting and layering multiple sounds, as many as all 16 across the keyboard) you simply need to download the free MX PERFORMANCE Editor - created for Yamaha by VYZOR

http://vycromx.com

This free EDITOR will allow you to create PERFORMANCES where you can change the MIDI channel as you may require. Create mega PERFORMANCES and then STORE them in the internal memory of your MX.

Launch the EDITOR > when you select the MIDI tab you can freely assign the MIDI channels of each PART as you require. The concept is when operating the front panel you have QUICK ACCESS programming, when working with the Editor you can build in depth PERFORMANCES that include as many as 16 sounds being triggered on a single MIDI channel, if you wish.

You can STORE you newly created PERFORMANCE in the MX.

Yet I’m just fighting with the performance mode to find a way to play like part 1, 2, 3 and 4 together.
And I’m not talking about any arpeggio stuff I don’t care about those, I just wanna simple layering that I can play multiple voices together.

Go and download the free VYCRO MX Editor and start building your PERFORMANCES as you envision.

And what I’ve understand only way to do like quick bank for favorite voices is just to put those to one performance? Why is it like that, since you can then have only 4 insert effects? Makes no sense.

I have scrolled through the whole manual and didn’t find the answer.

Things can’t be so complicated (well they shouldn’t be), what am I missing

The VYCRO MX Editor - download it.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Tried out an MX-49 yesterday
Next Topic:

Yamaha iPad apps and the new MX ››