mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "ADDING A KEYBOARD TO THE S90XS"

Posted on: January 21, 2013 @ 04:46 PM
bigbugatti
Total Posts:  27
Joined  10-30-2012

I WANT TO ADD A MIDI KEYBOARD CONTROLLER (M-AUDIO) THAT WILL USE SOUNDS OFF THE S90XS BUT LEAVES THE S90 TO OPERATOR AS NORMAL OTHERWISE.

FOR EXAMPLE, I WOULD LIKE TO DESIGNATE THE CONTROLLER (M-AUDIO) TO USE THE ORGAN SOUND OF THE S90.  I STILL WANT TO BE ABLE TO DIRECTLY PLAY DIFFERENT SOUNDS USING THE S90 KEYBED WHILE LEAVING THE M-AUDIO SET TO ORGAN. I’M ASSUMING MIDI OUT OF M-AUDIO INTO MIDI IN OF S90.

ARE THERE ANY SPECIAL SETTINGS I NEED TO ACCOMPLISH THIS?

THANKS

JOE

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2013 @ 06:44 PM
S70xs_user
Total Posts:  60
Joined  09-02-2012

I hope i have correctly understood your question.

If you want the controller keyboard to function as a virtual S90 (eg ‘borrow’ S90 sounds) and also want to select and play different independent voices on the S90 itself at the same time, then you are asking the impossible,

Here’s what you can do -

1) Use controller to play any voices/Performance or selected multi channels corresponding to the current S90 mode (and likewise with a Master, which is really just a shortcut to a Voice/Performance/Multi)
2) Send program changes for the above to reconfigure the S90 setup
3) Depending on whether you have the M-Audio (eg Axiom) which supports its OWN zone settings, you could use the controller zones to play selected channels of a S90 multi, and use the controller zone on/off buttons to quickly change channels within the multi

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2013 @ 12:05 AM
bigbugatti
Joined  10-30-2012

YES, I’D SAY YOU UNDERSTAND CORRECTLY.  THIS MAY BE OVER MY HEAD.  WOULD IT BE OK IF AFTER I TRY IT, I ASK YOU SOME MORE SPECIFIC QUESTIONS?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 23, 2013 @ 02:54 AM
S70xs_user
Total Posts:  60
Joined  09-02-2012

My suggestion is -

- spend a day or two with just the S90XS, Reference Manual at hand, and get comfortable with the voice, performance, multi and master modes
- then connect the controller, initially just using channel 1 (ie no zones) and experiment with playing the S90XS from the controller, and also with sending program changes

Which M-audio model do you have? Need to see if it has midi connections or only USB-midi, and whether it supports zones?

Have you used midi between instruments previously? If not, google for an overview of the basics.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 24, 2013 @ 07:25 PM
bigbugatti
Joined  10-30-2012

M-Audio Oxygen 49.  Not the newest model.  It does have standard Midi connection.  I’ve used Midi before, controlling a Roland JV1020 sound module with a Korg SG Pro X Keyboard. Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ S90xs Reference Manual
Next Topic:

FC 1 and 2 ››