mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "s90xs - How do I get the S700 piano onto my s90xs?"

Posted on: December 01, 2012 @ 05:14 PM
bigbugatti
Total Posts:  27
Joined  10-30-2012

http://youtu.be/d2VJd_HFVIc

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2012 @ 05:21 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

You buy a Motif XF like the guy in the video. :-)

The difference between the S-series and the Motif-series is the ability to be able to load and create new Sampled audio libraries; and the ISS (Integrated Sampling Sequencer) found only in the Motif-series.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2012 @ 05:48 PM
bigbugatti
Joined  10-30-2012

I was afraid you’d say that!  I’m a little disappointed in the S6 Piano.  Maybe I’ll try layering it with the Full Grand or Rock Piano as some have suggested. The S6 sounds good with headphones but I can’t get a good tone with my amplifier (peavey kb300 150w).  Maybe I need a better amp.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 02, 2012 @ 05:02 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

To appreciate the sound of the pianos (any of the pianos in the S-series) you should really be listening to them in stereo. They are sampled in stereo and to hear that you need to play them through a stereo system. Probably why you notice how much better it sounds in headphones.

Take a listen to your S90 XS through a Yamaha Personal PA - like the StagePAS 300 or StagePAS 500
Connect it to the STEREO Input channel and listen to a high fidelity stereo system perfect for keyboards

Stereo here, makes a difference. Really it does. You will hear it immediately.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2013 @ 08:52 PM
bigbugatti
Joined  10-30-2012

E.Q. problem solved!!

I returned my Peavey xr8600 and bought a pair of M-Audio BX8 D2 powered studio monitors.  Wow, I can finally hear the beauty of the S90XS. Thank God.  Surprisingly strong and clear even when pushing them to their limit. I am using them live and you should have seen the look of wonder from my band mates!  Small club with about 150 people.

Every bit as loud and much, much cleaner than the 1200 watt xr8600 amp with the two PVx15 speakers I previously owned. 

So glad.  Thank you for your input.

[ Ignore ]