mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Why Yamaha don`t make MM7?"

Posted on: January 26, 2011 @ 03:25 AM
cwbill
Total Posts:  5
Joined  10-24-2010

Why Yamaha don`t make MM7?
yamaha haven`t make any lightway 76 key synthesizer yet..
MM6 is great!I have one.great for lot of outside gig.
but 61key still not enough..
and my motif xs7 is too heavy to travel…

now only yamaha NP-v80 is lightway 76 key,but not a synthesizer

and when yamaha will update mm6/mm8?
I think people gotna neet a few more pattern.
like 3/4,6/8,a,more pop....
because now only have 56 pattern...!

and the psr series don`t have 76 key too

hope yamaha think about it..!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 26, 2011 @ 04:57 AM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

Do you realise how many units must be sold to balance with the development costs?

And I’m afraid that you are the only one interested.

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 26, 2011 @ 03:27 PM
Faethon
Total Posts:  40
Joined  12-31-2009

He is not the only one interested ! If Yamaha makes an MM7 i will buy it but if only there are these things that are missing from the MM6.I mean MM6 should have deep voice editing capabilities and only Motif sounds,not Psr sounds.
If MM7 was the same with MM6 but with deep sound editing,sounds only from the Motif synths and 76 keys,i would buy it without second thoughts.And 1 slot for plg boards please!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 26, 2011 @ 04:27 PM
sciuriware
Joined  08-18-2003

Forget about it.
I have the MM6 next to the S90 and ES8.
The sounds of the MM6 are just inferior.
But what would you expect from such a cheap and ultra-light board?

For a moment think you are a manufacturer ...
... what would you do?

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 26, 2011 @ 04:50 PM
Faethon
Joined  12-31-2009

Yes,the sounds of MM6 are not that good as S90 or other Motif boards,but look at the price difference.Do not compare different things.If MM6 was a success in sales for Yamaha then an updated version of it would be a success too.If i was Yamaha i would do this.

I would put in MM7 these features.

1)76 synth-keys
2)256 Motif es and later Motifs ONLY sounds
3)Deep sound editing because it is supposed to be a synth
4)6 track sequencer only,but with some editing
5)4 knobs that you can assign which ever parameter you want
6)50 patterns only or not at all
7)at least one slot for plg boards.It is an old technology but whoever owns a plg board,he could use it with this MM7.I dont think that nowadays,this is a costly thing to do.

That’s all.I think that if this was to be made,it would be a succesfull board.Yamaha has the power to do this as long as money is not the only thing they think about because MM6 was a failure in 1 area.To edit sounds like you should be able to do in a synth,even in the low entry level area.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 26, 2011 @ 05:40 PM
sciuriware
Joined  08-18-2003

OK, $1500.

Why?

Why costs a Formula One car $45 000 000 .........

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 26, 2011 @ 08:58 PM
cwbill
Joined  10-24-2010

Faethon,I agree with you dude!!
but is a bit too much too ask.
you can have mo6/8. which is heavy too…

we do need more different style patterns..!
in china a lot of players have Korg pa series…!!
play with singer or solo instrument in the club…
part of them were because Yamaha have no choice!

I play with my jazz band…
but sometime I need patterns for pop singer too…
we need that a lot in china!! a lot!!!
see…how many people in china?!!

I’m sorry sciuriware!I own motif xs7!
they are not the same!
can you carrying your S90 travel everyday or few times a week ?
I bet you are strong gut!!

so please!! Yamaha!! we really need new mm7!!
I will buy it without thinking!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 27, 2011 @ 06:53 AM
Faethon
Joined  12-31-2009

cwbill, i understand that many people need patterns to play with.Now,tell me your opinion please.What do you think is better.To have 300 patterns inside MM7 and you can not add more but only 1,or to have only 50 and then you can put inside the MM7 50 or 150 of your own patterns?
Or another idea.Make MM7 have no patterns at all.BUT,give the capability to be able to read patterns from your usb flash drive immediately and have 2000 patterns on your flash drive if you want!
There are thousands of patterns for .sty format of yamaha’s,so anyone can download them and put them in their keyboard…

What i cant understand is this.Yamaha released S03 some years ago.This keyboard is a synth with full sound editing capabilities but with XG sounds only (if i remember right).

And then they made MM6 which has Motif sounds,Psr sounds and midi sounds and they dont give you the opportunity to fully edit the Motif sounds in MM6. For me,this is crazy.And S03 is not a serious keyboard,at least if we make a comparison with S90 or ES8 or Motif classic.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 27, 2011 @ 10:32 AM
cwbill
Joined  10-24-2010

well..for me. the main thing is 76 keys..with better piano sound as well..
patterns need to have a little bit off everything..mm6 don`t even have swing pattern forgot say!!
maybe 150 patterns plus 50 user patterns..read usb patterns is cool!!
more is better.!!
but the problom is I don`t think yamaha want to put too many thing into cheap mm series....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2011 @ 08:30 PM
Keithy501
Total Posts:  24
Joined  11-29-2009

Hi,

I have the MM8 and mainly use it for learning piano.

You can use Yamaha .sty files with a little editing on the MM6/8. There are free programs such as style remixer and style player available here - http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software.htm

You may need to alter the voices with the style file to make it compatible with the voices in the MM.

You can even use EMC Styleworks to put an intro onto one of the patterns, although you have to remember to choose another pattern variation to stop the intro looping (and you lose 1 pattern variation).

Yes, I know the MM wasn’t designed to be used as a PSR type keyboard, but the patterns built into the unit are very limiting, so this will expand the possibilities a little.

Keith

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2011 @ 05:19 PM
cwbill
Joined  10-24-2010

how about 76key frist…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 19, 2011 @ 08:19 AM
Fozzer
Total Posts:  184
Joined  02-07-2010

When it comes to the default Patterns, how about treating yourself to these alternative Pattern Banks...for free!...>>

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/free_mm_6_8_performance_bank

Download, and save them to a USB Stick, and transfer them into the MM6/8.

A nice, 64 Pattern, alternative set!
Well worth trying out!
Don’t forget to print out the new list, as they will be different from the Patterns listed in the User Manual!

A 76-key Mini-Motif?

The MM6 is an excellent keyboard, sold at low cost, and excellent at what it does, suitable for the masses!
The MM8 is a rather expensive alternative to the MM6, at twice the price of the MM6, and merely containing a 88-key, graded hammer key-bed instead.
I think when you get to that stage of graded-hammer keys, what you really need is a “Stage Piano” rather than a Synthesizer/Workstation!
I suppose a 76-synth-key model sold at a price set between the cost of the MM6 and the MM8 may be acceptable?

Paul...MM6...MO6...M-Audio Prokeys 88…

P.S....Its always worth remembering that a 76 or 88 key graded-hammer key-bed is really only suitable for “Piano” use.
61, synth-type keys, are more than enough to encompass the acoustic range, and sensitivity, of the majority of other “orchestral-type” instruments!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2011 @ 09:16 AM
cwbill
Joined  10-24-2010

MM6 is Great!!
but do MM series want to updat at future?
light weight 76 keys is a good choice,not hammer key..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 06, 2012 @ 01:22 PM
BioDatorDJH
Total Posts:  4
Joined  11-06-2012

i wish the new synth from yamaha to pull all the knobs witch he forget to put the Drive/Distort/Tunng/Env Mod/Decay/Accent whole...Drive,Distort,Cutoff,Resonance,Attack,Release,Tunng,Env Mod and Decay More aggresive sounds for drum and bass techno acid techno hard house and trance music i think i said enough for now :)pls yamaha if you read this make us more happy.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 18, 2013 @ 01:41 PM
angelmidi
Total Posts:  11
Joined  12-16-2007

I want too a MM7 the sound of piano is awesome for the price, and the weigth is awesome too… Y like so much the patterns Of MM6 ... Like the styles of psr, but the patterns in MM6 are so much real..

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ mm6 intergration
Next Topic:

Trigger Program Change messages from the MM8 ››