mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Retrieving patterns, songs, etc."

Posted on: January 05, 2013 @ 03:37 PM
cathyhollmer
Total Posts:  1
Joined  01-05-2013

How can I save and retrieve my patters and songs individually. My space on the keyboard is full and I want to be able to add more patters but when I try and save a single song to my external hard drive the only way to save is all the patterns. so in order to save all my patterns to free up space they have to go to another file. what if I want three songs from one file and two from another. Please help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 05, 2013 @ 04:29 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

The Motif file system allows you to load individual songs and patterns from files but you can only save all the patterns and/or songs.

So the answer to free up space is saving multiple All files (or All Song files or All Pattern files) and reloading the individual songs and patterns from these files as you need them.

Start by saving an All file to backup all your current data. You will be able to reload any pattern, song or user voice at a later date so you have not lost anything.

Then go clear/erase patterns you don’t use regularly to free up space for new patterns. Once you have filled up pattern space again, save a new All file, etc.

One important tip: the selection of voices in a pattern or song is called a mixing and this normally contains pointers to the the preset and user voices. If you relocate any of the user voices, the pointers to them become stale. To avoid this, for every user voies you use in a pattern or song convert it to a b]Mix voices. These voices (along with any samples they require) are saved with the pattern or song so you’ll never end up with the wrong voices on playback.

[ Ignore ]