mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "why i get “midi buffer full” ??"

Posted on: October 28, 2012 @ 06:31 PM
angelitoloops
Total Posts:  1
Joined  10-28-2012

hello , i have an motif rack classic , an audio interface amon infrasonic 2.0 usb , a m-audio axiom pro and my computer using fl studio , when i play the sounds through the interface in my daw everything goes well , but , when i press play or record ... boom! eerthing goes crazy , metronome acting mad , daw non response. disaster.

then , i can’t press play button (or record button) if im running the motif. but i would like to use motif sounds in my music projects. how can i? how could i fix it?
thanx.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 29, 2012 @ 03:17 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

We will assume that you are posting here because it is the Motif-Rack that is reporting the ERROR message.

The MIDi Buffer Full message will appear when you have a MIDI loop where clock and other messages are routed in a circle - this is sort of like feedback for MIDI data. Much like a microphone feeding back in an audio system, when you have an error in routing this can occur.

Check the documentation of your DAW and audio/MIDI interface to figure out how best to route your signals. The Motif-Rack is reporting that it is receiving redundant messages - this can lead to bad things eventually even crash your computer. So look into the MIDI routing you are using currently.

Remember the Motif-Rack is not a passive device it does generate MIDI data, has a clock (unlike many modules that do not). Be aware that the Motif-Rack does send MIDI data, most modules are simply tone engines and simply interpret MIDI data and output audio in response to that data. The Motif-Rack can actually generate MIDI data (Arpeggios) and can send/receive clock.

If you are sending data from the Motif-Rack to your DAW make sure you are using the recommended functions in your software to prevent MIDI Loops.

[ Ignore ]