mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Arpeggio on/off in Multi Mode"

Posted on: April 01, 2012 @ 04:04 PM
Manner
Total Posts:  111
Joined  05-27-2004

Hi..
I searched the web and manuals but couldn’t find the answer. I’m trying to use the arpeggio function on a part of a channel. So the ArpSw must be ‘off’ of the Multi by default, but is it possible to call the arpeggio function with a CC message? I’m sure i can assign a CC message to ‘on’ and another to ‘off’, but how?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 10, 2012 @ 03:47 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The Control Change number to turn the ARP ON/OFF is programmable. It defaults to cc90
Press [UTILITY]
Press the [PAGE >] Right until you reach the “CTRL ASN” Controller Assign Page

Use the UP and DOWN cursors to navigate the parameters.
ARP SWITCH = 90
ARP HOLD = 89
etc.

This activates and deactives the main ARP ON/OFF switch… the individual PART must have its ARP SWITCH parameter set ON inside the MULTI. You can then start and stop the arp with the Main ON/OFF

You select the PART’s ARP SWITCH as follows:
From MULTI
Press [EDIT]
If the [MUTE/SEL] button is lit, press it to turn the light OFF, this is the SELECT function
Use the Numbered Buttons to select the PART
Page to the [VOICE] screen, if not already there use the [< PAGE] left cursor
Cursor down to the “ArpSw”
Set this to ON for the PART you want to arpeggiate and [STORE] that coniditon with the MULTI.

Then when you want arpeggio, you send the CC90 message and it will activate the main ARP ON/OFF switch and the PARTs with the ArpSw = On will be activated (at the next key press).

Hope that’s right, it’s been a lot of years since I’ve seen the Motif-Rack. Let us know

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 26, 2012 @ 10:46 AM
Manner
Joined  05-27-2004

Hi again..
I’m still in trouble with arp settings of Motif Rack.

After the writings above, I remember that I couldn’t find the right track, but I saw some other writings in a forum at the same point which says that activating arpeggio function is possible with some other settings: That was something like using some CC numbers (around 50s or 60s) in a combination and that worked. The problem is that I don’t remember that combination and couldn’t find the same or a similar solution on web.
Is there a complete Arp settings document like those Power User series like the ones for rack’s ES and XS versions. Manuals are not really helpful. I still couldn’t understand why I lost the sound if I change the ArpSw to On of a Voice in a Multi for example.
Please help..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 28, 2012 @ 05:37 PM
Manner
Joined  05-27-2004

Ok, solved.. The ‘MIDI Sync’ was assigned to External which not to let arpeggio. Now it’s Internal so I can command the arp function by CC90.
But now my problem is a whole second gap of silence. When the sequencer (Logic) accept a CC90, all sounds of the rack are cutting off for that moment. That means that my Arp function is still useless.
Any possible solution for this?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif Rack Expansion
Next Topic:

Drivers for the original Motif Rack ››