mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Master Mode VS Performance"

Posted on: September 28, 2012 @ 11:59 AM
Johnnyack
Total Posts:  27
Joined  09-28-2012

I’ve read, and re-read the “Understanding Master Mode” and I’m not getting it.  Here is the big question I have… I’m a performing musician in a band, our sets are about 10 - 12 songs each. is there a benefit using Master Mode V.S. Performance Mode for this application?
**ie: one song is stored in Performance A-001. keyboard is split in 4 sections for this particular son w/ horns, strings, piano and guitar.  Would I be better off using a master for this?
Thanks much,
John

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 28, 2012 @ 12:05 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I’ve read, and re-read the “Understanding Master Mode” and I’m not getting it.  Here is the big question I have… I’m a performing musician in a band our sets are about 10 songs each. is there a benefit using Master Mode V.S. Performance Mode?
**ie: one song is stored in Performance A-001. keyboard is split in 4 sections w/ horns, strings, piano and guitar.  Would I be better off using a master for this?

Master mode has two roles:
1) Organizing your internal programs into a single bank
2) Organizing your internal and external devices so you can control them all from the one keyboard.

A Master is always recalling one of the S90 XS/S70 XS programs - be it a VOICE, be it a PERFORMANCE, or be it a MIX/MULTI.

So it is not a separate mode from PERFORMANCE mode. You can organize the PERFORMANCES you are using into MASTER mode so that each time you advanced to the next MASTER program you recall a different PERFORMANCE.

so the ADVANTAGE on stage would be - say your set requires you to move from PERFORMANCE 001 to PERFORMANCE 033 and then to PERFORMANCE 050…

Instead of jumpting around you could setup
MASTER 001 to recall PERF 001
MASTER 002 to recall PERF 033
MASTER 003 to recall PERF 050

Because one of the functions of MASTER mode is organizing your internal programs into a single easy to access bank.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 28, 2012 @ 12:27 PM
Johnnyack
Total Posts:  27
Joined  09-28-2012

Nice!  So all I have to do is enter the songs from the set list every time I gig.  What a time saver.  Thank you!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ s90XS master
Next Topic:

basic midi controller software mac to s90xs ››