mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Stage Monitors"

Page 3 of 3
Posted on: September 20, 2009 @ 10:31 PM
bravo
Total Posts:  22
Joined  03-15-2004

I’m using two Mackie 450V2’s through a Mackie 1202VLZ3 and it sounds great. I would stay away from keyboard amps as they don’t compare to a stereo P.A. configurations. Good luck.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2012 @ 06:39 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008
- - 21 February 2009 02:28 PM

I know this subject has been discussed, but with no archive access I will ask.

Does anyone have any experience with the Mackie SRM350V2 powered speakers.  I need good stereo monitoring for the keyboards in live onstage venues.  I generally play in church, but the band can be loud at times.

In particular I was wondering how well they sound in comparison to Yamaha MSR 250’s.

I am concerned that they my be harsh or brash sounding.

The major difference I see in design is that the Mackies are bi-amped.

Thanks for your opinions....

Tis was a 2009 posting and I’m wondering if there’ve been any new reviews, upgrades, new gear, etc that you’d like to share re stage monitors.  I’m sure interested since I’ve been looking at several, notably the traynor k4(prior posts highlighted problems), behringer 3000 (?), Roland kc550 and a Hartke model in same range as the Roland and behringer.  I know there’s a price range with these.  I use a stage pas 500 now but need a monitor with punch at bigger venues when I don’t bring along the SP500. 

I value the input I read on this form and look forward to your views....  Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 25, 2012 @ 08:09 AM
youdog
Total Posts:  482
Joined  01-31-2009
richie1027 - 22 March 2012 06:39 PM
- - 21 February 2009 02:28 PM

I know this subject has been discussed, but with no archive access I will ask.

Does anyone have any experience with the Mackie SRM350V2 powered speakers.  I need good stereo monitoring for the keyboards in live onstage venues.  I generally play in church, but the band can be loud at times.

In particular I was wondering how well they sound in comparison to Yamaha MSR 250’s.

I am concerned that they my be harsh or brash sounding.

The major difference I see in design is that the Mackies are bi-amped.

Thanks for your opinions....

Tis was a 2009 posting and I’m wondering if there’ve been any new reviews, upgrades, new gear, etc that you’d like to share re stage monitors.  I’m sure interested since I’ve been looking at several, notably the traynor k4(prior posts highlighted problems), behringer 3000 (?), Roland kc550 and a Hartke model in same range as the Roland and behringer.  I know there’s a price range with these.  I use a stage pas 500 now but need a monitor with punch at bigger venues when I don’t bring along the SP500. 

I value the input I read on this form and look forward to your views....  Thanks

It u need more than 500 watts just for u to hear ur self
1. Go to Dr. Hearing test u may need hearing aids
2. buy 2 DXR 12” 2200 watts
3. roland kc 880 320 watts 160/160 per side

[ Ignore ]  

Page 3 of 3

Previous Topic:

‹‹ What Mixer do you use?
Next Topic:

Your Most Useful Piece Of Kit ?? ››