mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Logic with Motif XF and FW16E"

Posted on: April 13, 2012 @ 11:05 AM
diogomusique
Total Posts:  11
Joined  10-03-2011

Hi people.
I didn’t found anything specifically on the forum about this question, but every time when I open Logic Pro it shows a message “Device Logic Control is assigned to MIDI Port Remote which is not present”.
Is like the connection between them failure.
I always try to close de Logic and reopen, until it works, and doesn’t show the message.
I really don’t know what to do to solve this question.
When the message doesn’t appear, everything is ok.
I installed all the drivers, set up the preferences, changed the cables, but the problem didn’t stopped.

There someone here who could help me?
Thanks folks!

Diogo Felipe
Recife-PE-Brazil

iMac 27 C2D Snow Leopard
Logic Pro 9 (with updates)
Motif XF 7 (with FW16E)
Digi 003

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 13, 2012 @ 12:41 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Hello,
my daughter is headed back to Brasil in a month. Anyway, this message can be ignored. The port it is referencing is used to remotely control Logic from the XF. see answer below:

motif8mine - 22 August 2010 07:16 PM

Often at startup of Logic, a window appears stating: Device “Logic Contol #2” is assigned to MIDI Port “MOTIF XS:2” which is not present. (or, something very similar)

If you plug in or out the XS while Logic is operating, you may also get this message. it indicates that you need to set the Port for this Logic Control. This allows the XS to control Logic remotely and Logic to receive the remote commands…

First the XS, [UTILITY], [F5] Control, [SF1] Remote and set DAW Type to “Logic”.  Now in Logic, from the Toolbar>Preferences>Control Surfaces> Setup.

A window opens. Click on the Logic Control (picture of a control surface) and set both the Out Port and Input to ‘Port #2’…

NOTE: When operating in Logic via the Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver. Port #1 transmits / receives MIDI In /Out between the XS and Logic; Port #2 remotely controls Logic (DAW’s); Port#3 is a MIDI Thru (will be outputted at the XS’s MIDI Out); Port #4 is for communicating with Studio Manager, (may be hidden from view depending on driver version and Logic version)…

Granted this talks about the XS but the answer applies to the XF also…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 13, 2012 @ 04:18 PM
diogomusique
Total Posts:  11
Joined  10-03-2011

Hi motif8mine. Thanks for reply.
I follow all the instructions above, but always when I open Logic for the first time, it shows the message.
Now, I did it again, and for the second time when I open, the message was not showed.
I really don’t know what is it.
Is like a bad connection, or bad recognize from Logic.
Do you use Motif with Logic? Have you experienced that?
Thanks again.
And about your daughter, where’s she from Brazil?
Are you brazillian?

Thanks again.
Diogo Felipe

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2012 @ 12:17 AM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Hi again diogo,
we’re from the U.S. but, she’s been there three times already. She taught English in Sao Paolo the first time she went and met a lot of friends. One of them spent some time with us here- he plays in a band in Sao Paolo named: Inovation Style. Now she’s going back for the summer.

Anyway, I have used to Motif and Logic for many years now. And, this is a normal message. It can be annoying but, in the course of connecting and disconnecting the Mac to Logic, this message will appear from time to time.

If your ports are correctly setup, it can be ignored. There is nothing wrong. Particularly, if you do not use the XF to remotely control Logic.

I also overlooked the fact that you are using the FW16E but, the correct port to use is still port #2. It is probably named ‘YSFW Remote’.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 07, 2012 @ 09:36 PM
lordsdigital
Total Posts:  5
Joined  06-02-2012

Please need help have just purchased my FW16E please wat are the basic settings I need to do in Logic to get midi and audio control over the motif in logic I have followed a video on youtube and changed the I/Os in motif and now I can’t get any sound even I choose the yamaha as audio device please I friend told me about this site please need help.

[ Ignore ]