mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Behringer FCB1010 and Yamaha MM6"

Posted on: May 23, 2012 @ 06:35 AM
deaddrop
Total Posts:  14
Joined  05-23-2012

i often use my Behringer FCB1010 midi foot controller to program patch or voice changes on my synths for fast change on live performance.Now that i have a Yamaha MM6, i tried to also program its cool patches on FCB1010 so i can quickly recall it. I used the panel voice list data at the end of the manual.But sadly, it wont work.Like for example, voice- “Power Grand”, i send a control change of 0 and 113 (MSB/LSB) and a program change of 1. But i get no sound.Anybody know how to select the right patch on an MM6 thru a controller? any advice would be greatly appreciated...Thanks in advance

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 23, 2012 @ 07:11 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

When you send MIDI IN to an MM6, you are accessing the internal 16 PART tone engine of the unit. I can imagine you selecting the sound via MIDI from your pedal - you would also need to play in via MIDI to play the sound you selected. for example, if you sent the Bank Select and Program Change on MIDI channel 1, you would need to transmit in from an external device on MIDI channel 1 to hear that selection.

The Voices that you play from the MM6 keys (MAIN, DUAL and SPLIT) are not ever apart of the 16 PART tone engine (they are in addition to those 16 PARTS) and are not available directly via MIDI In. They are separate from the 16 PART MIDI tone engine. When you play a Standard MIDI File to the MM6, ever notice how there are 16 PARTS to play the file, yet you can still select a Voice, a Dual Voice and even a Split to play along with that file? It is because the voices you select for the MM6 are quite separate from the others.

Selecting the Voices that the MM6 keys are triggering is always done from the front panel of the MM6.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 23, 2012 @ 01:02 PM
deaddrop
Total Posts:  14
Joined  05-23-2012

thanks for the info Bad_Mister, my MIDI foot controller (Behringer FCB1010) have a Midi In and Midi Out/Thru. The Midi Out/Thru sends the combine messages from my Master Keyboard connected to the MIDI In of the FCB1010, then FCB1010 Midi Out/Thru send the programmed messages to the MM6 to its Midi In. When i play my Master Keyboard,MM6 can be controlled but I noticed that only the 128 GM sounds were used. When i send the program change and control change for its unique patches thru the midi foot controller, the result is no sound.I followed the chart of the voice list on the manual.Using the MSB/LSB.Do you think the voices of MM6 cant be controlled from an external Midi Controller or Synth? How about thru a computer?
Do you think it would be best just to save some performance settings on a USB flash drive so can quickly select the patches in a live performance. Any info or advice will be greatly appreciated.
thanks again and best regards…

[ Ignore ]