mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Stage amps"

Posted on: March 24, 2012 @ 11:50 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

I posted this earlier but got no hits....perhaps because it was an addendum to a 2009 posting.  Appreciate any input.  Here’s a clip from the 2009 post and my recent request:

- - 21 February 2009 08:28 AM
I know this subject has been discussed, but with no archive access I will ask.
Does anyone have any experience with the Mackie SRM350V2 powered speakers.  I need good stereo monitoring for the keyboards in live onstage venues.  I generally play in church, but the band can be loud at times. In particular I was wondering how well they sound in comparison to Yamaha MSR 250’s.

The above was a 2009 posting and I’m wondering if there’ve been any new reviews, upgrades, new gear, etc that you’d like to share re stage monitors.  I’m sure interested since I’ve been looking at several, notably the traynor k4(prior posts highlighted problems), behringer 3000 (?), Roland kc550 and a Hartke model in same range as the Roland and behringer.  I know there’s a price range with these.  I use a stage pas 500 now but need a monitor with punch at bigger venues when I don’t bring along the SP500. 

I value the input I read on this form and look forward to your views....  Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 03, 2012 @ 11:12 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Please see this article about recent releases from Yamaha that are specifically of interest to those who perform “live”

Performing Live

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 04, 2012 @ 09:38 AM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

Thank you Phil

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 10, 2012 @ 05:01 PM
the Rickster
Total Posts:  1
Joined  05-08-2012

Hi Ritchie, I haven’t tried the Mackies you mentioned here, but have used a pair of Roland kc 350 amps ( a little muddy for my taste), as well as a pair of JBL eon g2 with good results.  Phil said in one of his demos to play in stereo if possible....he is right, and now I never want to play in mono.  I recently purchased a Traynor K4 amp which plays in stereo, but you have to be near the amp to experience the stereo effect, and I will use either a GK MB115 or a JBL Eon powered sub in conjunction with this amp to support the low end.  these function as a mono subwoofer on stage.  Pretty happy with that little “stack” but my favorite was using the Eons left and right.  I bet the Mackies would sound great though.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Need new vehicle to transport xs8
Next Topic:

MIDI Pedal (Behringer FCB1010) ››