mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "What Is The Best Way To Sample An Electric Piano Sound?"

Posted on: July 12, 2011 @ 10:49 AM
headphoneman
Total Posts:  9
Joined  07-06-2011

Hi,

I’m not keen on any of the EPs on the Motifs so I was wondering if anyone had any advice on sampling an electric piano sound from another keyboard.

At the moment, to sample something, I usually record it into my Mac via my sound card, then chop up the wavs in Twisted Wave (superb audio editor for Mac) and then import them into Native Instruments Kontakt. Then I use Chicken Systems Motif Translator to convert the patch to motif format and load the it into my XF / XS.

The problem is that I don’t loop any samples, which is fine for me when dealing with bells, FXs, and instruments that wouldn’t normally be looped (i.e. Woodwind).
But If I don’t loop, and given the velocity layers, this sample will end up huge!
So, if I wanted to sample the piano sound attached, (clip taken from youtube) which is from a Technics KN6000, does anyone know how I should do it?
The EP sound here has maybe four velocity layers.

Advice on looping is very welcome.

Thanks a lot!

(please listen to mp3 attached).

File Attachments
Technics KN6000 Electric Piano 2.mp3  (File Size: 345KB - Downloads: 954)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 02, 2012 @ 10:06 PM
creation25
Total Posts:  26
Joined  05-02-2012

that electric piano sounds really nice. grate for the 80s! i have a question to anybody that is concern, can it be possible to sample that into my roland fantom G? well, is it possible to sample from any other keyboard into the fantom G? if anybody can give me advice how to do that, i’d be grateful.

[ Ignore ]