mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Weird problem setting keybank range on my Motif 6"

Posted on: August 25, 2011 @ 08:23 PM
torsogong
Total Posts:  37
Joined  08-25-2005

I own a Motif 6 with about 52Mb left in sampling memory. I make sure I follow the sampling procedure to a tee, but lately my machine will not allow me to set the highest keybank range’s highest note above that keybank’s original key. It suddenly defaults to -C2 to -C2, and my lowest keybank range goes silent when I play its notes. When I look at the keybank edit>parameters for the HIGHEST keybank, it shows the original key for my LOWEST keybank. This problem is irreversible, and I have to start creating a waveform all over again. I’ve successfully create up to 6-keybank waveforms before, and I’m doing nothing different than I ever have.
Am I going crazy? I thank you ahead of time for your help.
Dave

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2011 @ 02:15 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

What is the firmware (operating system) version?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2011 @ 04:27 PM
torsogong
Joined  08-25-2005

I still don’t know how to check the OS version on my machine. I can tell you I’ve never updated it, and I bought it new shortly after it first came out.
By the way, I’ve (kind of) solved the mystery. I’ve always used the INFORMATION button, then pressed the notes that define the upper and lower limits of a keybank range. I was experimenting last night and found out that when I use the data dial or DEC/NO and INC/YES to get to the desired uppermost note in question, the highest keybank range registers just fine!! Just a strange quirk of my machine, I guess. Or do you still think there might be something wrong with my unit?  Anyway, thanks for the help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 23, 2012 @ 01:58 AM
mmutax
Total Posts:  29
Joined  12-04-2011

Yes it is an old thread but i’m posting just to add info.

To check the firmware version:

enter the [UTILITY] page and
press and hold the buttons [UTILITY] + [UP] + [F1]

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2012 @ 01:23 AM
torsogong
Joined  08-25-2005

Thanks mmufax!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2012 @ 09:45 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Unfortunately, that is not the right information (it would be if you owned a Motif XS of XF) but you own a Motif 6 (original) so your Version Check is quite a bit different:

------------------------------------------------------
Confirming the current Firmware version:
Turn on the unit power while pressing the [REC] and [STORE] buttons simultaneously.
The following message will appear:
Current Version Kernel :  1.xx
Firm :  1.xx

The unit version is indicated by “Firm:  1.xx”.
*You can leave this “Version confirmation screen” by turning off the power.
------------------------------------------------------

The last Motif Classic update was version 1.90 released (8/3/2005) a full two years after the Motif Classic was discontinued, by the way.

[ Ignore ]