mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Intro & ending Arps"

Posted on: January 14, 2012 @ 04:41 PM
simsound
Total Posts:  28
Joined  05-18-2005

I am using my Motif XS-7 arps in songs I create from scratch and they work great in certain parts , but since I’m not a Pro at music and can’t read or write music, I use my on-board sequencer to create theses songs . Here is my problem I can sometimes start a song with some form of manual intro but I can’t seem to make an ending so in most cases I go back and fade-out the tracks volumes to end the song . I’ve tried the arps on my XS-7 and my ES-7 to make up these songs but there are no ending arps to finish the songs . Anybody out there to suggest to a dummy like me to find a better way to make my songs sound like they are professional starting or ending or are there more arps out there specifically for that. I have bought many sound libraries on Motifator and they also have extra arps , but none have start or intro and endings . Please , any help would be greatly appreciated

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 15, 2012 @ 06:00 AM
papaphoenix
Total Posts:  1614
Joined  03-09-2004

Hi for Motif XS :
Arp name beginning by M like MA, MB, MC, MD are main arp.
Arp name beginning by F like FA, FB, FC, FD are fill arp.
Arp name beginning by B like BA, BB, BC, BD are break arp.
Arp name beginning by I like IA are introduction arp.

On Motif XF there are Arp name beginning by E like EA, EB they are ending arp.

Hope it’s help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 16, 2012 @ 02:06 PM
dcool
Total Posts:  426
Joined  11-01-2006

Also, you can send Control Change value=124 (Omni Off) to END it quietly ;-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2012 @ 03:01 PM
dereknae
Total Posts:  485
Joined  03-16-2009

Wish the xs had ending arps..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2012 @ 05:17 PM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

I can’t see why you can’t create a User Arp ending. You can create User Arps. Why not one or several that are designed to be ‘endings’?
Just a thought.....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2012 @ 05:54 PM
dereknae
Joined  03-16-2009

I know that..I’m Talking about straight out of the box..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 23, 2012 @ 01:52 PM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

That would be ‘easy’ (LOL).Why get your ‘hands dirty’.

‘Personally’,I like being able to ‘create’ my own intros and endings. They stay consistant with the arrangement of the tunes, rather than some ‘canned’ pattern. These workstations offer that option. Why ‘not’ use it?

But that’s just me.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 23, 2012 @ 03:43 PM
simsound
Total Posts:  28
Joined  05-18-2005

The reason I’m trying to find pre-made endings is because I’m not able to create my own arps yet! Some day when I can figure out how then I will take it from there but in the meantime I need the help of pre-set . I can create a song with drum and base line arps all day long , but the start or ending of the song is either just stopping the beat or fading them out. I want to improve these songs so that I feel I’m happy with the complete song from “START To FINISH” !

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 23, 2012 @ 06:05 PM
dereknae
Joined  03-16-2009

Yeah simsound,I know what you mean...Arps were made to be used..I know you can make your own but when yamaha hyped their keyboards up on this slogan"Over 1600 arps.” some people don’t wanna make arps they wanna use some of those 1600 arps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2012 @ 01:16 PM
joesax
Total Posts:  185
Joined  03-11-2009

I find that I can usually select an M(Main)ARP different from the one used during the last part of the song. I just find one that has a pattern that allows a stop on a beat and/or cymbal crash.

Joe

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif XF Arps On Pro Tools Softsynths
Next Topic:

Arp Manager ››