mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "patches won’t transfer"

Posted on: October 26, 2011 @ 01:16 PM
yamawai
Total Posts:  72
Joined  06-09-2008

having problems importing files from flashdrive to logic.

i have edited the program change info and saved it into the files but logic doesn’t recognize it.

any ideas?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 26, 2011 @ 09:27 PM
yamawai
Joined  06-09-2008

these files i am talking about are SMF files saved directly from the motif to a flashdrive and loaded into logic.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 01, 2011 @ 07:10 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Not sure what kind of keyboard you are referring to as the Motif does not have patches however, it is not a correct statement that Logic doesn’t recognize Program Change messages. The question is how are you formatting the messages and what are you sending them to?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 02, 2011 @ 06:38 PM
yamawai
Joined  06-09-2008

i have an xs8 and the “patches” i refer to are the sounds on the kybd.

i guess the problem is the manner in which i am trying to communicate back and forth btwn the kybd and the software.

what i want to accomplish is the loading of my motif SMF sequences into Logic, editing them and then loading them back into the motif.
i have been told in no uncertain terms on the apple support site that this is impossible yet i have friends who have told me that this is precisely what they do!
not understanding at all…

i am using a USB/MIDI interface
LionOSX 10.7.2
Imac
motif XS8 OS 1.60

BTW i gave up on trying to get the MLAN to work.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 02, 2011 @ 07:52 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

i have been told in no uncertain terms on the apple support site that this is impossible yet i have friends who have told me that this is precisely what they do!

Alrighty then…

Without knowing anything about your setup, settings, knowledge of Logic, etc… the simplest way to accomplish this is to insert the messages in the XS before importing the file in Logic… Pages 192 and 193 of the XS manual. Change the ‘Event Type’ to Progam Change and navigate to the voice of your choosing…

What you are actually saving are three types of events which makes it a little more difficult to insert within Logic: one each- MSB message (tells the XS whether to call up a Normal voice, User Voice, Drum Voice, etc...); LSB message (tells the XS to call up a normal voice, mixing part voice, sample voice, etc...) and a Program Change message (what number voice). They will appear in Logic as such.

An alternative method is navigate on voice above or below your desired target voice and record it into either the Logic or XS sequencer while recording… (Not at my keyboard right now but I do believe that all three messages will be sent to Logic this way also).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 04, 2011 @ 05:58 PM
yamawai
Joined  06-09-2008

my knowledge of Logic is non-existent
i have added program changes but logic doesn’t process them.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 04, 2011 @ 09:03 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004
yamawai - 04 November 2011 05:58 PM

my knowledge of Logic is non-existent
i have added program changes but logic doesn’t process them.

Please describe in detail exactly what you are doing? And what kind of tracks are you using in Logic?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 05, 2011 @ 11:53 AM
yamawai
Joined  06-09-2008

I have edited voices exactly as I should, adding the program changes in the first measure at the first clock time.
I understand and have been using the motif for several years but am brand new to logic and the Mac OS.

I open a new file---empty project, external midi---then import a sequence from the flash drive.
None of the sounds are as they were on the motif.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2012 @ 10:31 AM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

Have you checked reloading the file from the flash drive back into the motif? Do the proper voices load?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2012 @ 12:39 PM
yamawai
Joined  06-09-2008

everything loads correctly from the flash drive to the keyboard. for the near term i have given up on logic. too much time spent and getting nowhere.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ YSFW install question
Next Topic:

yamahasynth.com upgrades for lion OSX10.7.2 ››