mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "I’m looking for a MM6."

Posted on: October 02, 2011 @ 08:38 PM
saxmanjack
Total Posts:  56
Joined  08-25-2011

The MOX6 was way more keyboard than I need, need to minimize cost and don’t want to buy a Casio, so I’m looking for a reasonably-priced clean used MM6, or please let me know if you see a smokin’ deal on a new one…
Thanks,
Jack

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 02, 2011 @ 11:41 PM
monchoramos
Total Posts:  17
Joined  05-06-2011

sometimes u can get them on ebay..or criaglist....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 04, 2011 @ 03:19 PM
saxmanjack
Joined  08-25-2011

Still looking! C’mon, one of you needs to unload your tired, old MM6 with its skimpy 32 note polyphony (that’s really holding you back), and upgrade to a shiny new MOX or Motif!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 10, 2011 @ 07:28 AM
Fozzer
Total Posts:  184
Joined  02-07-2010
saxmanjack - 04 October 2011 03:19 PM

Still looking! C’mon, one of you needs to unload your tired, old MM6 with its skimpy 32 note polyphony (that’s really holding you back), and upgrade to a shiny new MOX or Motif!

Nah!...LOL...!

Every now and again I get my monster Motif MO6 out, and play a few tunes on it, and fiddle about with the complicated Menu System..
..then I put it away again, (quite quickly), and wheel out my trusty MM6...with its extremely useful, entertaining rhythm accompaniments and variations..
The best of both worlds...Simple to use...A Programmable Synthesizer, (of sorts), and an Arranger Keyboard...all in one smart package!
It has all/most of the sounds of my expensive + complicated Motif MO6, but also includes some catchy Rhythms to boot!
An excellent “all round” machine!

It does exactly what it was designed to do. Entertain..in real time!
You can stick it under your arm, and carry it, anywhere!
And it comes with a wonderful User Manual, which explains everything you need to know..in simple terms!
..so I’m keeping mine!....sorry!...LOL...!

Paul...MO6 + MM6…

..and here’s the Bloke to convince you that you/me made a wise choice....

...Uncle Bert… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E_bDg5ak9w

(Note: Uncle Bert can sell Ice to Eskimos).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 12, 2011 @ 03:47 PM
monchoramos
Total Posts:  17
Joined  05-06-2011

i use mine alot exactly because of the samething,,its become one of my favorite,, this one will be my main keyboard when i have to play at a diffrent church with the church band ,, i use to use my korg karma for many years but was never happy with the piano sounds,,i love the mm6 piano sound plus i can use 2 sounds together plus use a bass sound with my lefthand change it save it in performance mode its a very simple keyboard to use,,

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 12, 2011 @ 04:13 PM
saxmanjack
Joined  08-25-2011

Thanks for the comparisons, but I just got a new MO6 for not much more than the price of a MM6; probably worth putting up with the complexity to get the extra voices and polyphony…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 16, 2011 @ 10:56 AM
mm6
Total Posts:  182
Joined  11-16-2008

MO6 still available?  In my area, even the XS has been phased out.  No longer selling in the stores.  Good to grab those discontinued models.  Probably at a great discount.  In terms of build and quality, the MO is gonna be better than MM6.  I play MM6, by the way.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 17, 2011 @ 01:07 PM
mm6
Total Posts:  182
Joined  11-16-2008

MM, MOX, S series XS, XF synths differ hugely in price.  Obviously, there are differences in the sound quality and keybed action and power of the synths.  Each synth caters to very different market segments.  But many keyboard players own more than one synth.  So its common to see many XF or XS users also owning the MM or even MOX.

MM6 puts very high quality sounds within reach of people working with a very tight budget.  However, how the sounds come put depends really on the kind of speakers and monitors you use.  To express the sound fully, you need good monitors or amps.

Those who wish to spend more would go for the higher models.  Owning and playing the XF would be a dream for many keyboard players.  It is also very expensive, which is expected for such a professional level workstation.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Emulate sound for Van Halen Jump
Next Topic:

tempo tap with mm6 ››