mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "My First Post! XF8 tap tempo question."

Posted on: September 20, 2011 @ 02:44 AM
leonardo hays
Total Posts:  1
Joined  09-20-2011

Hi everyone.
I’m Leo, and I have a question about the tap tempo.

Is there any way to have a LIVE DRUMMER’s kick drum control the tempo of the arp?

For example, when we play (latin dance, rock, pop), to keep people dancing and to change up the sound of a song, I’ll quit playing the montuno on piano and will switch to a dance style arp on some synth sound, depending on the song.

Anyway, our drummer KILLS so all I do is tap the tempo, trigger the arps and handle other sounds and he stays right on.

But, I was just wondering if there was a way to hook up some type of trigger to his kick drum and control the tempo of the motif from that trigger in real time. Basically just like i was tapping the tap tempo button for an entire song (on the songs that I would do this on he is running a steady 4 on the floor, a rumba flamenco or reggaeton type beat, nothing fancy on the kick)

I know that this is not what the tap tempo function was designed for, but I was just sitting here thinking…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 20, 2011 @ 10:13 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Is there any way to have a LIVE DRUMMER’s kick drum control the tempo of the arp?

No, sorry.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Horn Players
Next Topic:

Looking for an amp - Suggestions? ››