mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Velocity offset and depth"

Posted on: August 19, 2011 @ 07:45 PM
One38
Total Posts:  2
Joined  08-19-2011

Hey everyone I just got a old motif rack .. I am trying to figure out how to adjust the velocity offset and depth. I looked in the manual and I just cant find it in the menus on the actual unit. Does anyone know what button combination i press to find this menu?  I want the velocity to be less than it is now it’s a little too sensitive. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 23, 2011 @ 10:39 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

You don’t mention what mode you are in… but let’s assume you are in MULTI mode

Press [EDIT]
Press the [MUTE/SEL] turning its LED to OFF (this is the “select” function).
Press the PART Number buttons [1/5/9/12] - [4/8/11/16] to select the PART you wish to edit
Use the PAGE [<]/[>] buttons to view the “VOICE” screen
Use the UP/DOWN arrows to select “VEL SENS DPT” (Velocity Sensitivity Depth) and “VEL SENS OFS” (Velocity Sensitivity Offset).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 23, 2011 @ 12:02 PM
One38
Total Posts:  2
Joined  08-19-2011

Thanks so much what about in voice mode? I cant seem to find it I want to edit the piano patch.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 24, 2011 @ 04:27 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

In Voice mode they are not considered “offsets” you are actually going to be programming the Velocity Sensitivity at the source. When a VOICE is placed in a PART (that is, when you are using it as one of four in a PERFORMANCE or one of sixteen in a SONG/PATTERN MIXING setup), you can use the VELOCITY OFFSET and DEPTH to offset the velocity response of one of the VOICES separate from the others in the program. However, when you are in VOICE mode, you are actually able to program the VELOCITY SENSITIVITY Level and Curve of the VOICE’s individual Element components of the VOICE.

Press [EDIT]
Press the [MUTE/SEL] button to turn OFF the LED (this selects the SELECT function)
Use the numbered PART buttons to access the ELEMENT 1-4 edit screens
Use the PAGE [<]/[>] to navigate to the AEG (Amplitude Envelope Generator) screen

LvlVel (Velocity Sensitivity Level) works such that 0 is no change (fixed velocity). Positive values work so that the higher you go the harder you have to strike a key to make the sound loud. At +32 you have linear response such that for each unit input you get an increase in output. Above +33 will start to eliminate extremely soft strikes from making sound, such that at +63 only very extreme velocities produce any sound. Negative values work opposite.

CrvVel Velocity Sensitivity Curve works so that can fine tune the response curves. Each number represents a weighting on the response curve. The Curve parameter lets you select from five different preset velocity curves, that determine how velocity affects the Amplitude EG.

0 - soft-hard
1 - hard
2 - normal
3 - soft
4 - hard-soft

[ Ignore ]