mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Keyboard Amp"

Posted on: September 03, 2010 @ 04:26 PM
bsr2002
Total Posts:  693
Joined  03-30-2004

I have a Fender KXR200 keyboard amp. Been working well for 8 years now. Recently, when I turn the amp on it makes a shrilling noise, sounds like a smoke alarm only 10Xs louder.

Nothing is plugged into the amp, I just turn it on and it makes that noise. Maybe my horn driver is malfunctioning? Anyone had this experience before?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2010 @ 05:24 AM
mo-z
Total Posts:  724
Joined  11-18-2005

Check your pots. If you hear static, crackle or pop, those are suspect. Clean them with DeOxit or your favorite contact cleaner.
The diaphragm of the horn could very well be cracked---pull it out and examine it. A nice crack can make a buzz and/or whistle sound.  Replacing a diaphragm is a cheaper fix than replacing the whole horn assembly.  When the tweeter blew in my keyboard amp, I decided to upgrade it with a better more efficient tweeter horn.....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2010 @ 08:10 AM
adrika
Total Posts:  1
Joined  10-19-2010

The Hartke KM100 Keyboard amps are the ideal solution For the player who needs a ?exible mix/monitor system to handle a sophisticated instrument rig, and who demands a high quality amplifier that faithfully reproduces the sound, nuances, and soul of their performance, this is a perfect amp

creatine monohydrate

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2010 @ 09:08 AM
EMANALPHA
Total Posts:  117
Joined  01-11-2008

I recommend the Hartke 200KM a power house in the church setting!!!!! but if you clean it and it works stay with what works!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 10, 2010 @ 10:07 PM
dereknae
Total Posts:  485
Joined  03-16-2009

Does the hartke play in stereo??????

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 14, 2011 @ 09:03 PM
Norm
Total Posts:  53
Joined  09-04-2002
adrika - 19 October 2010 08:10 AM

The Hartke KM100 Keyboard amps are the ideal solution For the player who needs a ?exible mix/monitor system to handle a sophisticated instrument rig, and who demands a high quality amplifier that faithfully reproduces the sound, nuances, and soul of their performance, this is a perfect amp

creatine monohydrate

Hartke KM100 Didn’t work for me ... Bought one and had to send it back ... Not loud enough ... when you crank it up the limiter and or compression chokes it down.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 14, 2011 @ 09:31 PM
zikerstu
Total Posts:  326
Joined  08-06-2008

You could check out Roland amps too but the higher wattage KC is stereo and around $900 but they last! I personally use the KC 550 and even though it’s loud enough for me, there are times it could be louder due to other players “stadium sized guitar rigs”!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Strange Popping Sound Through FOH
Next Topic:

S70XS Question ››