mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Logic8/9 and Motif XF HELP"

Posted on: June 25, 2011 @ 10:13 AM
gmaxmusik
Total Posts:  13
Joined  04-30-2011

Hello, I’m very worried, reading in various issues of Foum or XS XF motif (motif I bought the XF 2mesi) I read that the compatibility of co Logic 8 or 9 is really disheartening, and I after several tests and web searches do not I found answers to my case and esaudienti from what I read too many owners motif have the same problem, I understand that Yamaha has made a deal with steinbeg cubase, but I can not change all the previous work done in logic why yamaha is not compatible with Logic but I prefer to leave Yamaha Because even their support gives me satisfaction on the functions and compatibility with Logic,
it is absurd to first create a setup with studio manager, and save as song, then save the store motif xf, then save as song in logic, and then if all goes well I created the setup should work (hopefully)
is not easier than the software allows the motif using the program change on all midi channels and banks run by the sounds of the motif Logic?
each operation and open studio manager and then save motif saves and saves logic?
it’s crazy, if yamaha does not solve the problem I change Motif xfe peace.
environment? does not exist for motif xs / xf patches you can only use the GM, I need the banks of the Motif That user does not see logic, and to me sounds xg gm or not required
I would use the sounds of banks 1 through 8 with the Kurzweil K2600 as freely as it does not seem that complicated noo?
If someone else who can help me is very welcome.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 25, 2011 @ 10:45 AM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Hello, first… please do not double post it only confuses the matter of getting you an answer.

Second: there is no issue with the Motif series and any version of Logic. I don’t know what you are reading or where but, any problems anyone is experiencing is due to user error on some level- myself included. There Is No Incompatibility!

There is a little bit of a language barrier here so, it a little hard for me to follow what you issue is but first:

How are you connected? Via USB? And are you attempting to use Studio Manager to change the Motif XF’s voices (recommended), Logic, or both?

If possible, can you attach a pic of Logic’s Library with the XF connected showing your MIDI ports and MIDI channel assignment?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 25, 2011 @ 12:15 PM
gmaxmusik
Joined  04-30-2011

ok, sorry it’s true Italian language is complex,
Intel MacPro is connected to USB, I have not the card because FW yamaha motif xf reflection and see if it is compatible to work with Logic.
send img. Logic motif and connectors midi setup and hoping that I’ll explain,
Motif is what I ask - as I create the setup in Logic does not match the sound that I wonder?
As you can see from the window of Logic is completely different even if I open external instrument,
I set each song I have to replace voice
my setup sounds / voice in the traces of logic are always the same qausi
respecting the standard Midi
trk1 = table
trk2 = bass
trk3 = Organ
etc. etc.
example, now if I want to replace / change the sound / voice of the bass bass34 with another motif from banco2
how do I? the PC I have always and only the GM sounds?
This happens even when a song in Logic midi amount
and I have to do all the setup of the song only sounds gm, which I did not need because it is not true.
I hope to explain everything well.
Thanks. max

Image Attachments
Midi setup.pngArrange Logic e motif Port1.pngArrange Logic n°1 gm device.pngopen SMY.jpgOpen Logic.jpgMidi setup.jpgLogic external Instrument.jpgLogic import.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 25, 2011 @ 01:38 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

In Logic, forget about the GM Port in the library- do not use it. Via USB, Logic utilizes your Yamaha Motif XF Port #1 to address the XF’s tone generator. Select both the Port and the MIDI Channel. In the photo of your library, you selected the XF’s port but not the MIDI Channel. That’s why, in the inspector, the track still reads ‘GM Device 1’.

Now, when you change voices via the Studio Manager / XF Editor, those changes should be reflected in the XF. They will not change the voices within Logic however. In fact, in Logic’s Inspector for each track, I uncheck the box ‘Program’, this prevents Logic from sending Program Change messages to the XF. The tracks will not show and voice selections in the Arrange window: They will only show the MIDI Port and MIDI Channel…

I hope this is clear…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 25, 2011 @ 03:33 PM
gmaxmusik
Joined  04-30-2011

no do not go
I try to explain better.
Logic Project No. 1 song sound module, and key motif’s sequencer Logic Ok?
ch 1 - Rock selezino plan - ok? do not like this plan and return the window logic program / voice plan No. 3 onky guitar fits the motif rather than No. 15-I can not understand is how to get the sound / voice of the motif of the bank of presets from 1 to 8 for I can play songs in a way more real in midi format and then go to work on the song and this is my rec audio method to create songs and then the whole process,
The user stands as one might see from Logic? You can do this? if I create a user bank of my interest then how do I tell Logic that is my bank? if it were possible I would have solved
I tell you that the motif using Quick Setup is set to computer recording and ports 1 and 4 are set ok
This is true for Totti tracks 1 to 16 Ok
I emphasize that I do not want to use the sounds / voice GM
I hope to be up-chiaro.thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 25, 2011 @ 03:48 PM
gmaxmusik
Joined  04-30-2011

io ho un monitor eizo da 24” e un monitor sony da 21” credo sia migliore vedere sequencer e tracce sia esse midi che audio
non crede?
il lavoro è molto più scorrevole e logic mi permette tutto questo,
capisci perchè insisto nella ricerca di una soluzione del motif xf per dialogare con logic?
i suoni /voce mi piacciono molto, il seqencer interno è intuitivo e completo e questo aumenta la mia rabbia perchè quando lo ho acqustato ero entusiasta per le potenzialità del motif xf visto che mi ero venduto il motif Es
e il k2600 ormai cotto. ora spero di ricevere qualche input Positivo e ti ringrazio per la pazienza e competenza che metti a nostra disposizione, ma se non riesco a risolvere anche se mi dispiace e non potendo permettere due tastiere sia per il prezzo che per il peso sarò costretto a tornare al k2600

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 26, 2011 @ 03:06 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

I apologize but, I’m still not quite following what it is that you are trying to do.

1) Do you want to use the Studio Manager to change voices?

2) Or, you want to use Logic to do it? It will be more difficult to maintain this once you begin to edit and load new user voices…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 30, 2011 @ 12:41 PM
gmaxmusik
Joined  04-30-2011

do not use studio manager, the motif xf is connected USB cable to your Mac Pro and the card’s audio output motif Saffire pro40.
if they are profitable, the steps for Motif XF logic9 are
motif xf
Step 1, select songs
2 nd step selects mixing
3 ° step to assign the preset to Ch 15 (example 1 ch/track1 presets ch/track2 5ecc presets, so I can assign the presets that I need to any of the tracks. CH10 is for the drum set)
I open Logic
1, select new
2 ° external instrument 16ch
3 ° to assign port 1 in left panel (applies to all 16 tracks of the logic design)
4 th left pane select program
5 ° = select voice number amount of No. 0 to # 128
I now have the program changes from Logic contol of the motif xf, everything works perfect.
Logic project with the name unless I need for future work.
NB. it is important to save the mixing of the motif xf are left in memory and associate the name given to the project Logic
this is all midi, to record and listen to my work.
I hope it’s all right, if I can correct any errors Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif XF Logic Environment
Next Topic:

Setting up the mox as a tone generator in logic? ››