mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOX6 - How to start the Drum part with the foot switch"

Posted on: June 08, 2011 @ 09:16 PM
Mr Hammond
Total Posts:  6
Joined  06-08-2011

I just got my MOX6 and am struggling with a few things (BTW the Voices are awesome - try putting them through a Leslie Speaker).
I am a seasoned keyboard player but workstations are kind of new to me
I can make a performance with no problem, but I want the drums to end and START with the foot switch.  When I enable the arp with the foot switch, the drums don’t start until I hit a key and stop when I turn off arp.  If I turn off the key feature it wont start with the foot switch.
Thanks for any help
I hope someone comes out with a good tutorial for the MOX

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 08, 2011 @ 11:33 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I know this may sound strange, but the nature of an arpeggio on a keyboard, requires that you hit the keys. You must trigger them with the keys to start the arpeggio.

If you want to playback a drum groove simply record the Drum arpeggio to the sequencer. By recording the drums to a track of the sequencer, will allow you to start and stop them with a FOOT SWITCH. You can COPY the other PARTS of your PERFORMANCE to the same MIXING setup in the sequencer and play them as you were in PERFORMANCE mode.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 19, 2011 @ 09:12 AM
Mr Hammond
Total Posts:  6
Joined  06-08-2011

Thanks Bad_Mister, Your replies in this forum have helped me a lot.  They should have hired you to write the manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 20, 2011 @ 01:21 AM
Moomintroll
Total Posts:  25
Joined  05-06-2011
Mr Hammond - 19 June 2011 09:12 AM

Thanks Bad_Mister, Your replies in this forum have helped me a lot.  They should have hired you to write the manual.

Or rather, have him make a tutorial DVD set. I guess they’ll sell like hot cakes.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 20, 2011 @ 01:56 PM
yamamfs
Total Posts:  30
Joined  05-30-2011

The irony is that whenever, if ever, there is a MOX tutorial available it will sell like hot cakes even if it is as bad as the material that comes with the MOX.

[ Ignore ]