mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOX6 A/D Input Help"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: June 09, 2011 @ 07:24 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

If you are looking at a MOX and the [F3] button says “VCE A/D” I sure that is the button I meant. Yikes! Sometimes sitting wherever I am I cannot recall every button… Did it work or are you stumped, still? Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 09, 2011 @ 08:25 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005
yamamfs - 08 June 2011 11:31 PM

I was attempting to use Brothers and Sisters but I could not grab the version available through the banks.

Were you in Voice mode when you used the Category Search?

In Song, Pattern and Performance modes the effects and arp patterns used by a Voice are not automatically applied in all cases.

1. There are not enough insert effects available to support all 4 parts in a Performance or all 16 parts in a Song/Pattern. You have to choose which parts will retain their insert effects.

2. Each voice may be programmed with different settings of the system effects while in a Perfromance or Song/Pattern all voices must share the same system effect settings.

3. Arp patterns are not copied automatically into songs/patterns. Each voice can point to up to 5 arps, but in a song/pattern you still have only 5 arps available.

The end result is that a voice that is heavily dependent on effects and arps will sound radically different outside of voice mode. The good news is you can restore the effects and arps but not for all voices...you have to choose which are the most important.

Experiment:

Call up Brothers and Sisters in Voice mode then disable the effects and arpeggiator using the front panel buttons. What does it sound like then?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 09, 2011 @ 10:03 PM
yamamfs
Total Posts:  30
Joined  05-30-2011
Bad_Mister - 09 June 2011 07:24 AM

If you are looking at a MOX and the [F3] button says “VCE A/D” I sure that is the button I meant. Yikes! Sometimes sitting wherever I am I cannot recall every button… Did it work or are you stumped, still? Let us know.

I was pretty certain that the correct button was actually [F3]. I have not detected some results of pushing buttons before so I was not absolutely sure. I also thought the correction should be highlighted in case other readers ever need the information.

Some of the “inserts” are very lush. Though the rotary effect is sort of a panning modulation between channels. I said earlier I had ordered some separate effects. One is the truest replication of an actual Leslie speaker system I think has been achieved. Though the MOX rotary does not contain all of the nuances and especially the tone that colors the sound through a Leslie system, the MOX rotary insert does share some nice qualities and is desirable in its own right.

The delays are quite nice when used with guitar as well.

Following your instructions I was able to permanently set the guitar up so now all I have to do is turn on the A/D button and gain knob to play my guitar through the MOX.

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 09, 2011 @ 11:10 PM
yamamfs
Joined  05-30-2011
meatballfulton - 09 June 2011 08:25 AM

I was attempting to use Brothers and Sisters but I could not grab the version available through the banks.

I was reading the Owner’s Manual under the section on Creating a New Performance Using Your Favorite Voice on page 30. Category Search was done in Voice mode, yes. When I pull up the other version I am in Voice mode also. The problem is (one of) my favorite Voice that I want to work with is the Brothers and Sisters that does not come up under Category Search. I want to create this performance using that voice not the other one. If I can’t use that voice what is going to be different when I create a bunch of voices in hopes of being able to use them in a performance?

In Song, Pattern and Performance modes the effects and arp patterns used by a Voice are not automatically applied in all cases.

1. There are not enough insert effects available to support all 4 parts in a Performance or all 16 parts in a Song/Pattern. You have to choose which parts will retain their insert effects.

2. Each voice may be programmed with different settings of the system effects while in a Performance or Song/Pattern all voices must share the same system effect settings.

3. Arp patterns are not copied automatically into songs/patterns. Each voice can point to up to 5 arps, but in a song/pattern you still have only 5 arps available.

The end result is that a voice that is heavily dependent on effects and arps will sound radically different outside of voice mode. The good news is you can restore the effects and arps but not for all voices...you have to choose which are the most important.

Experiment:

Call up Brothers and Sisters in Voice mode then disable the effects and arpeggiator using the front panel buttons. What does it sound like then?

Regarding the last paragraph, using the Bro and Sis that I can access through the dial, (which is the enhanced version I prefer), I turned the ARP Off at the button next to the 8 knobs. The remaining sound was the Brothers and Sisters voice that comes up under Category Search.

So how do I use the Brothers and Sisters with the arpeggio in a performance? Do I have to rebuild that version from scratch on my own in order to use it? I am using the term Performance mode but what I want to do is record the performance with the sequencer. That is what the directions were ultimately leading to.

***EDIT: Okay I’m getting somewhere with all of this. I figured out how to record the good Brothers & Sisters with the arpeggio.

Thank you

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 10, 2011 @ 12:12 AM
yamamfs
Joined  05-30-2011
Bad_Mister - 08 June 2011 11:34 PM

Never mind… :(

Please hang in there (here). I appreciate your help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 10, 2011 @ 12:43 AM
yamamfs
Joined  05-30-2011

Now that I have recorded a short song I want to repeat this over a few times so I can play my guitar with it for practice. I tried using the technique that works for Step recording. Even though it responded by saying that it had copied the song 11 times, it was still only the original form I had created in the first place when I played it back.

If there is a loop function that would work as well. I know you can loop patterns. Do you have to create the melody as a pattern to get things to loop? The goal is just to have a melody play endlessly so I can practice on my guitar.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 16, 2011 @ 05:50 PM
yamamfs
Joined  05-30-2011

This is turning out to be quite limiting with regards to playing along with songs if I want more than flat tone applied to my guitar. Using some of the preset songs there is apparently no room to enhance the A/D inputs so the stored data is “erased” according to a message I receive. Bummer :(

2. Each voice may be programmed with different settings of the system effects while in a Perfromance or Song/Pattern all voices must share the same system effect settings.

Experiment:

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ USB Interface on MOX
Next Topic:

Organ voice in MOX6 ››