mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Organ voice in MOX6"

Posted on: May 31, 2011 @ 01:08 PM
Aulis
Total Posts:  27
Joined  01-28-2011

Sorry for this very basic question but I’m new in this Yamaha territory.
I just looked through the videos I found on the http://www.yamahasynth.com/products/synthesizers/mox/, after I googled “MOX6”. Mr. Smorenburg is a amazing ambassador and must be a goldmine for Yamaha ;-P.

On this site I found some really informative videos for the MOX6.
I’m close to make a decision if I go the Yamaha, Korg or the Roland way. One thing just popped up in my mind when I saw the last of the videos on that site - the presentation of the bundled VST software.

Do I only get a decent organ sound via the mentioned softsynt YC3B Clonewheel VST ?!?

It just stroke me, in non of the videos I’ve seen on the web I’ve heard a decent organ with a genuine Leslie simulation from the MOX. I though I could leave my Clavia NE2-rack back home if I bought a MOX6.
Is that really so?

Aulis G

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 01, 2011 @ 11:06 AM
dcool
Total Posts:  426
Joined  11-01-2006

There are many organ sounds that comes with the MOX and you can edit the way you like.

The softsynth part that you saw in the video is just a part of MOX can do with a computer (PC/MAC), but you can find any VST organ out there to fit your need.

Also, MOX can be a master controller to control your NE2Rack too.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 03, 2011 @ 06:34 AM
Aulis
Total Posts:  27
Joined  01-28-2011

Thanks for the reply.
I’m not familiar with synts from Yamaha, only the keyboards. I found some of the organs in my PSR-S710 more useful than those I heard from some midrange Yammie synts on youtube and other clips. If only the music shops here in my hometown could order a MOX so I could try ;)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 03, 2011 @ 09:13 AM
benj00
Total Posts:  113
Joined  06-03-2011

Hi,

For whats it worth, I played a Nord Stage 2 side by side with a MOX6 in G. Center using the standard first three drawbars out patch, and there really wasn’t much difference. Obviously the Nord is a little more authentic, but for most pop/rock stuff you would be fine just using the MOX. I am a pretty big supporter of the Nord organ sounds, so that’s saying something. Can’t way to pick the MOX up! I will be using it as my second board in addition to the Stage EX.

Ben

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 11, 2011 @ 08:56 PM
yamamfs
Total Posts:  30
Joined  05-30-2011

The MOX rotary “insert,’ though it is not dead-on Leslie it is a nice stereo panning effect that shares some of the spatial and tonal qualities.

Anyone interested in the Leslie Rotary Speaker sound should check out the Neo Ventilator. This nails it and weighs under 10 lbs. It works with keyboards and guitars and other instruments and mics.

Think of Ringo’s “It Don’t Come Easy,” the vocals on Floyd’s “Echoes,” Harrison’s riff on “While My Guitar Gently Weeps,” and of course there are many examples of its use with the organ.

There have been many attempts at simulating that rotary speaker sound with varying degrees of failure. Some, like the Uni-Vibe are really viable sounds in their own right. But that true Leslie sound has never been available aside from the real thing until the NV. It is worth your time to research it if you have any interest in this effect.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MOX6 A/D Input Help
Next Topic:

MOX misnamed ››