mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Midi recording and playback"

Posted on: June 10, 2011 @ 05:18 AM
piludu
Total Posts:  2
Joined  06-10-2011

Hi,
I’m trying to get MIDI to work with my brand new mox6.

What I want to accomplish is recording midi from mox6 via my soundcard Maudio mbox3 pro into cubase and then playback it from the soundcard to my monitors.

Here’s my setup:
USB cable to computer (installed the version 1.3 usb driver)
Midi cables from mox to soundcard
Audio cables from mox to soundcard
Audio cables from soundcard to monitors.

The mox6 remote editor is installed.
Cubase 5.1.1 is installed.

When I choose All midi inputs and create a new midi track I can see the signals both in cubase and in my soundcard but I can’t hear anything through the monitors. I can record midi, but not hear it.

Can someone guide me to a step-by-step guide to record the awsum sounds from the mox6 into cubase?

Thanks in advance
/Roberto

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 10, 2011 @ 08:57 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

What I want to accomplish is recording midi from mox6 via my soundcard Maudio mbox3 pro into cubase and then playback it from the soundcard to my monitors.

If you are going to use the “Maudio mbox3 pro” as your interface, then you need to follow instructions for that device. The only thing you need from the MOX is to connect its Left and Right audio outputs to the mbox3, and the MIDI IN to its MIDI OUT, and the MIDI OUT its MIDI IN.

You, therefore, do not need the Yamaha Steinberg USB driver 1.3 (you will not necessarily be using it).

By using the Maudio mbox3 Pro, you don’t need to connect the MOX to your computer via USB you are selecting to use the mbox3 as your interface.

Here’s what you need to know on the MOX
Press [UTILITY]
Pres [F6] MIDI
Press [SF4] OTHER
Set the MIDI IN/OUT = MIDI

Come back here if you decide not to use the mbox3 pro as your audio interface (the MOX does not need an external audio interface) it can act as its own audio interface via USB (that is when you would need the Yamaha Steinberg USB driver and the Remote Tools). But since you are not going to use the MOX as your interface. You will not be able to use the 4 CHANNEL OUTPUTS of the MOX.

For set details of the Maudio mbox3 pro - please contact Maudio.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 10, 2011 @ 09:47 AM
piludu
Total Posts:  2
Joined  06-10-2011

Hi, thank you for your answer. Hmm, so I don’t need my mbox? Cool! I’ve had a roland d-10 for 25 years so i’m used with old fascioned technology :-)

Please guide me how to accomplish what I want without the mbox3.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 10, 2011 @ 08:42 PM
Rolandkeys88
Total Posts:  12
Joined  06-07-2011

Hi maybe my recently posted question/thread will answer your questions--

“MOx6 - Recording/Playback of MIDI Tracks from...”. 

In the thread, there’s a link to an article that will walk you through the set that you’re looking for.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 10, 2011 @ 09:18 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

We will be posting a Getting Started Guide shortly. But in the meantime here is what you need to assemble:

MOX6/MOX8 connected to your computer via USB
Download and install the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver v1.3.0 for your particular computer’s OS
Download and install the MOX6/MOX8 Remote Tools v1.1.0
Download and install the MOX6/MOX8 Editor VST v1.4.1
Install the Cubase AI5 provided on the DVD that comes with your MOX
The audio outputs of the MOX6/MOX8 connected to a quality stereo sound system

Downloads are found at the Official Yamaha Download page for MOX6/MOX8

[ Ignore ]