mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "If you are using Studio Manager"

Posted on: June 07, 2011 @ 10:32 PM
olivemas
Total Posts:  17
Joined  05-19-2011

Just a FYI.

If using Studio Manager at least with Cubase 6 you must make your midi port settings in standalone first.Just thought I might save someone a headache or 2.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 08, 2011 @ 09:19 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Let’s see if we can save you a headache: First make sure you download and install the “MOX6/MOX8 REMOTE TOOLS v1.1.0”, and of course the Studio Manager version of the Editor: “MOX6/MOX8 Editor v1.4.1”
Of course, you also need the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver 1.3.0
Official MOX6/MOX8 Download page

If you are using the STUDIO MANAGER with Cubase 6, make sure you launch it from inside Cubase 6… Then you do not have to make your MIDI PORT settings at all. How’s that?

Launch Cubase 6
Go to DEVICES > STUDIO MANAGER
Launching Studio Manager “inside” of Cubase allows it to automatically establish your connections. The REMOTE TOOLS include the MOX6/MOX8 Extensions v1.1.0 - this adds additional functionality to Cubase 6 allowing it to recognize a connected MOX6/MOX8 at launch (it will ask if you want to use the MOX6/MOX8 as your ASIO interface, it also automatically sets up the REMOTE CONTROL mode, assigns the ports, and generally makes your life a whole lot easier!!!)

Let us know.

When you store your Cubase 6 Project (.CPR) your MOX settings will automatically be saved with it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 08, 2011 @ 11:52 AM
olivemas
Joined  05-19-2011

Well that sounds great.

However I had STUDIO MANAGER set up for a MO6.And also as a new customer to Yamaha. After I read all your posts concerning the MOX I wondered why MOX would not show up in studio Manager. And there were no midi ports setting inside of it while launched inside Cubase. So after I uninstalled Studio Manager And (by the way) I have no Idea why it was still in the devices dialog after I uninstalled it. And it automatically reestablished it self after having been removed from my programs list. Nevertheless installing the version you had mentioned on another thread I was able to see it in studio manager when launched from inside Cubase. But it kept saying no connectivity or (midi Ports in host not set correctly. I would check the host and check the host and check the host for these ports. So having had similar issues with some setting in native instrument decided to launch the stand alone version and wahLah some midi port setting for studio manager. Not in the host (But in Studio Manager).
How’s that?

I know I could have saved myself a headache by reading the many manuals for many weeks and for all the extensive features of my new MOX. But I just wanted to play it. Anyway I am getting closer to the point of using it as intended thanks to you and all the info you have shared here.

Again Many thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 08, 2011 @ 08:33 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Studio Manager is a host application. It can run alone - where it can house multiple hardware editors, synthesizers, mixers, effectors, thus the name “Studio Manager”.

If you have Cubase and you install Studio Manager it will be able to run, fully integrated within the program. But if you don’t want to open Cubase to use the EDITOR, it can be run stand alone using Studio Manager has the host application. Once you get used to how it all works, you’ll find it worth the effort.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 08, 2011 @ 09:08 PM
olivemas
Joined  05-19-2011

Sir

If one is using STUDIO MANAGER with MOX is it recommended to remove the editor vst from the computer? I am using a PC with windows 7 with Cubase 6.

Thanks in advance

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 08, 2011 @ 09:14 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

No, there is no reason to remove it. They can certainly co-exist on the same computer. They simply cannot be run simultaneously.

[ Ignore ]