mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MoX6 Audio routing so it can be played as a VST through another Soundcard"

Posted on: May 29, 2011 @ 12:26 PM
skinmechanic
Total Posts:  11
Joined  05-29-2011

I am new to Cubase, and using AI5 bundled with my brand new MoX6.  I am having problems trying to hear the audio through my other ASIO audio device (Focusrite Saffire Pro 26 i/o).  I can load any other VST instrument into Cubase and can hear the audio.  I am wanting to have the MoX6 as a VST instrument also to be routed through my other Audio interface.  If I plug my Headphones into the back of the MoX6, I can hear the audio on each 16 parts perfectly.

What am I doing wrong?

Windows 7 64bit Dell Precision T3500 12gb RAM Xeon Processor
Cubase AI
MoX6

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 29, 2011 @ 04:47 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Setting up VST routing is a matter of routing the MIDI data within the DAW; MIDI data makes no sound, but must be sent to a tone generator (MOX) which generates the audio. So you use the MIDI track in your DAW to route the MIDI back to the tone engine of the synth (MOX), then return the audio generated by the synth through your audio interface (Focusrite).

Connect the LEFT/RIGHT outputs of the MOX to your audio interface.
Connect the MOX to your computer via USB (you will only be using the MIDI portion of the driver)
Connect the audio outputs of your audio interface (Focusrite) to your speakers.

When setting up the MOX VST EDITOR in Cubase make sure you select your Focusrite’s Audio Driver on the “VSTi SETUP” page. Here’s how:

In Cubase
Go to DEVICES > VST INSTRUMENT > select EXTERNAL > MOX6/MOX8 VST
You will be asked if you want to create a MIDI track > Do so
You will see a MIDI Track assigned to the MOX VST and you will see a virtual audio lane created to receive the returning audio.

When the MOX VST Editor opens go to FILE > VSTi SETUP > make sure you select the your audio interface’s Driver as the AUDIO RETURN PORTS.

You will need to use the VST REC (Quick Setup) template… (as you will probably only be able to use a single stereo output)

Of course, you will need to connect the left and right analog outputs of your MOX to your audio interface. Create a new MIDI track for each PART you want to record - making sure it is assigned to the “MOX6/MOX8 VST”.

Sorry we have no experience with your particular audio interface… but check your documentation for any special settings you need to make for it to work properly.

Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 29, 2011 @ 05:01 PM
skinmechanic
Joined  05-29-2011

Am i right in thinking that MoX6 cannot operate as a VST instrument? Audio cannot be streamed using USB just like the Virus TI which can have the instrument show and record as a VST instrument?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 30, 2011 @ 11:08 AM
skinmechanic
Joined  05-29-2011

I tried the above as you suggested and this does work, however I guess this does not mean that the MoX6 can be true VST instrument within Cubase, otherwise it would route the audio via the USB to my other soundcard and behave like a VST instrument as my other VST instruments do?  I remember owning the Virus TI, and this easily was connected to my DAW as a VST instrument and you could route it through my existing soundcard.

This along with the MoX6 VST only being VST3 compliant means I cannot use it within Sonar, which I have found to be a major disappointment.  If the VST aspect worked fully within Cubase AI5 I would have probably migrated to the Cubase DAW platform.

Any suggestions? Or is the MoX6 not designed to be a VST instrument within the DAW?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MOX8: USB 1&2;- No effects applied?
Next Topic:

What do you think? ››