mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MO X8 Good for Playing Live??"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: May 24, 2011 @ 10:48 PM
sglynn
Total Posts:  3
Joined  05-24-2011

I play live and recently bought a MO6 and am having doubts.  Here is why:

For live play I have grown to need these requirements:

1) Volume sliders for at least 4 instruments.  I use several voices or instruments during live play.  Our sets move from song to song quickly and no time to hunt or even poke a button.  Besides poking a button makes a click or discountinuous sound. So volume sliders let you bring up and down the sounds of the instruments.  Works great on MO6.  For example it is nice to have a piano, strings, PAD (voice), and and another PAD.  The MO6 does this fine and this is why I bought it.

2) But for solo playing it is nice to have “styles” or some call it auto accompaniment that detects the chord you are in and creates the accompaniment.  The MO6 does NOT do this.  Some say the Arpegio does this, but it is lame compared to real auto accompaniment.

3) Carry weight.  I have an 88 key keyboard.  One pound per key.  I can’t carry it anymore.  Thus I bought the MO6 for road shows.

4) Transpose key.  I often need to change key for the singers and don’t have the music.  So I need a button to transpose up and down in half steps and turn on a red indicator light so it is obvious.  MO6 is bad at this, but does do it.  My 10 year old keyboard does it fine.  I think this is another indicator that the MO6 really wasn’t designed for live play.  It is for composing.

Most of my playing is with a band so I’m okay for now, but if I could find a keyboard with sliders, good sounds and auto accompaniment, I’d sell the MO6 and but it. 

So anyone know of a keyboard with good sounds, at least 4 volumn sliders, transpose button and auto accompaniment and priced at MO6 level?

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ How does the MOX acoustic piano sound ?
Next Topic:

MOX usb audio interface ››