mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Portable recorders?"

Posted on: May 22, 2011 @ 03:39 AM
FunkDat
Total Posts:  28
Joined  01-27-2011

For those that have experimented with portable recorders and the Motif, I was wondering if you have any recommendations on the best one for the money.  Im curious in one that is well-suited to work with the Motif and has quality built in mic/s.  Some sort of power adapter would be nice as well.  Money is an issue but dont let that discourage any suggestions.  Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 22, 2011 @ 06:06 AM
jan bruijn
Total Posts:  4952
Joined  04-30-2005

Check out the pocketrak CX models of Yamaha.

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 22, 2011 @ 06:07 PM
FunkDat
Joined  01-27-2011

Is this something that you use or have used, or are you just recommending it because its Yamaha haha!  I did see these and they might be good options.  The Sony PCM-M10 seems like a really good choice too.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 22, 2011 @ 06:27 PM
lexus
Total Posts:  157
Joined  01-27-2006

I’ve tried the Zoom H4. Very nice, with 4 inputs (2 combo jacks and 2 built-in microphones placed in an XY configuration on the unit).  Amazing gear :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 23, 2011 @ 12:17 AM
FunkDat
Joined  01-27-2011

Im glad you posted that Lexus.  I had already ruled out all Zooms due to so many bad reviews on their cheap design.  And from what I saw their internal mics werent anything spectacular.  I dont really feel like carrying around an additional mic for one.  And two, it might feel a little awkward at times out in public haha! 

Buuuut I did check them out again and, youre right, the H4, or I should say the H4n (the newest model) looks pretty amazing.  It looks like it might be the best or close to the best option below $500.  It has so many different features, multi-track recording, XLR jacks and the internal mics sound good from what Ive seen on videos.  I would probably never need 80% of the features but still cool nonetheless.  Now if it only had a lithium battery I could...maybe justify dropping $300 on one.  Thats a good price for someone who knows they will use it alot.  I dont know why almost all of them require double/triple AAA’s though.  Other than remotes, nothing I have purchased in at least eight years required these. 

I shouldnt have said anything about the price being a little steep because for what it does, its not.  But Im also waiting to learn more about the ipad w/ the motif and karma 3.0.  For me, its one or the other.

I also checked out the Yamaha brands but compared to other audio recorders there are barely any reviews on these.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 23, 2011 @ 08:57 AM
jan bruijn
Total Posts:  4952
Joined  04-30-2005

Yes, I use the CX pocketrak myself. LOL. Works great for me.

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Which way to sample??
Next Topic:

is there a way to hear a sample from the middle of it? ››