mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "psr patterns for mm6"

Posted on: May 10, 2011 @ 07:18 PM
monchoramos
Total Posts:  17
Joined  05-06-2011

Hi i am new here,, but my question is..Is it possible to use psr patterns on the mm6 from which models can it be used? The mm6 is a great sounding keyboard,,this is my first in a long time I used to own a dx-7..i have a few korgs and a roland stage so basicly the mm6 is my comeback and hopefully getting more involed with yamaha keyboards.....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 10, 2011 @ 07:23 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

No, you cannot use PSR patterns on the MMs.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 11, 2011 @ 06:54 AM
monchoramos
Joined  05-06-2011

ok thank you for the answer.....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 11, 2011 @ 01:34 PM
Keithy501
Total Posts:  24
Joined  11-29-2009

Hi,

If you mean styles from the newer PSR / Tyros range of keyboards then you can but they will need modying to suit the capabilities on the MM6.

.sty files can be used but there can be no intros or endings, basically you will have the 4 main variations and fill-ins.

You will also need to modify the voices within the style so that they sound or play correctly on the MM6. You’ll find voices used in say Tyros styles which are not on the MM6. You’ll need to look in the MM6 manual and find the midi MSB/LSB and patch number for the voice you want.

You can go to this website and download software and some free styles - http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software.htm

I use Style remixer, style revoicer, style player and style old format converter (if trying to use styles from Tyros 3/4).

Keith

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 11, 2011 @ 10:25 PM
monchoramos
Joined  05-06-2011

ok that sounds good,, i really like this keyboard as i play and get to know it better.. i already made a latin salsa beat and a merengue beat just to follow along,, i recorded using the sequencer....

[ Ignore ]