mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "User Friendliness ?"

Posted on: April 16, 2011 @ 12:05 PM
moontom
Total Posts:  44
Joined  02-03-2003

so I’ve watched the videos and read what’s available on the Internet about this board, and I’m quite impressed.

but I can’t yet tell (since they haven’t landed in the US) much about the workflow—ie, how easy is it to “learn” the logic of this instrument.

I ask because I’m a midiot and after playing the previous Mo for 2 hrs in a store, actually concluded that it was too advanced for me. went (briefly) with the MM6.

the layout, etc. of this one seems much more intuitive. but as we know looks can be decieving....

thanks in advance for any insights....

TM

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 25, 2011 @ 02:04 PM
yamahaforums
Total Posts:  71
Joined  02-07-2005

Yamaha have never been noted for their user friendly interfaces, at least not on their synth range but this MOX looks pretty good in my opinion. I have to say though, don’t expect it to be as easy as it appears in the video demo’s. Bert Smorenburg is a master of the demo sequence and can make even the most complicated interface look like a breeze to use and I speak from experience!

No matter what keyboard you go for you will really only get the best of it by spending time reading and re-reading the manual.Yeah I know none of us particularly like reading manuals. It’s not exactly a spur to the creative process but it really does need to be done or you will forever be searching for the next great keyboard that will do everything for you.

I’m not a lover of complicated interfaces and with the exception of an SY85 and more recently a Motif XS I have always preferred the touch screens of Korg and the massive user friendly screen on the Fantom and Fantom G from Roland. This time however I feel the MOX may change my mind and finding myself in the market for a keyboard again my money is heading Yamaha’s way.

Should have my MOX6 next week with a bit of luck so will post back on how user friendly I find it then.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 25, 2011 @ 03:46 PM
VikasSharma
Total Posts:  1523
Joined  10-05-2010
yamahaforums - 25 April 2011 02:04 PM

...by spending time reading and re-reading the manual.

Reading the manuals with help u a lot - there’s no doubt. And you also get a great resource in Motifator.com, if you still get stuck somewhere. The guys out here r simply awesome.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 26, 2011 @ 11:48 PM
moontom
Total Posts:  44
Joined  02-03-2003

so true re Bert! those vids should have the advisory apple puts on the iPhone ads: “some sequences shortened.”

thanks for that reply and I’m looking forward to yr review!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MOX8 vs S90 XS?
Next Topic:

Export Finished Track (MoX or XF)? Driving me nuts! ››