mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Ear-buds for monitoring my Motif"

Posted on: November 17, 2009 @ 01:54 PM
alejandro
Total Posts:  162
Joined  09-26-2006

Hi!

I’ve been thinking about a good pair of earbuds to monitor my compositions. Is this possible with in-ear phones?

Looking around on the Internet I found the Westone 3 and Shure SE530, which seem to be excellent for listening to music, radio, ipods, and so on,… but I don’t really know if they are good enough for getting a flat response. Am I wrong?

http://www.earphonesolutions.com/shseeasasshe.html

http://www.earphonesolutions.com/we3newtrdrea.html

Do you recommend any special ear buds for monitoring?

Thanks a lot,
Alex.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 18, 2009 @ 01:00 AM
Dreamflight
Total Posts:  2688
Joined  03-07-2008

I have a pair of titanium earbuds I bought in for a large chunk of money a while back. Fantastic for listening to the iPod on - really good, I’d be lost without them on long haul flights, but absolutely no comparison with a quality pair of conventional headphones when using the synth.

My personal experience is that earbuds are never good enough for studio work.

Df.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 18, 2009 @ 06:35 AM
alejandro
Total Posts:  162
Joined  09-26-2006

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 12, 2010 @ 12:53 AM
Kingfrog
Total Posts:  123
Joined  02-15-2009

I have used them both...Kept the Westones...Sold the Shures.  The Westones are my go to ear buds for the Ipod touch and my Nokia, I like how they translate the Bass The shures are probably more accurate but for tracking I like the Westones. For Vocal tracking I use the Sony MDR7506.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 12, 2010 @ 09:38 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

All depends on how picky you are about the best sound.

I use a real cheap set of Koss in ears that sound OK, not special. I’m leary of paying $$$$ on buds for better sound as they are much more fragile than traditional phones, and I’ve trashed plenty of the latter over the years.

It’s called the PLUG and MSRP is $20.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 21, 2011 @ 03:14 AM
49erkid
Total Posts:  21
Joined  03-28-2011

I have a the Bose in-ear headphones, I use them all the time with my Zune (lol) and I also connect them to my cell phone, they have an in-line mic, the bass response is very good, I have used them with my Motif 6 and the sound is acceptable.  Mostly though I use a pair of inexpensive Sony headphones, can’r recall the model right now, I bought them at a store called Wall-Mart, they get the job done for my needs.

49erkid

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Networking: Mixtape
Next Topic:

Studio rig around my motif XS ››