mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "BM or Y-ha US: pls simplify XF - Logic gaps (what’s missing, practically)"

Posted on: September 15, 2010 @ 03:44 AM
dexG
Total Posts:  14
Joined  02-28-2010

Dear Monsieur Bad and Yamaha U.S.:  there is much ado among various posts about the new XF and Logic - but nowhere is there a concise, layerperson-y (newbie)-directed answer in one place from Yamaha that I can find to this question in one simple reply, so would you kindly provide it, as thou arth the buck stopped:  for those of us newbies who already bought Logic, and now want to buy the new XF, what can’t the XF provide or what can’t we do w/the XF -when we use Logic—and what are the consequences practically (in as non-tech jargon as you can explain it, as some of us are just old fashion musicians w/out the tech lingo knowledge/savvy).  Merci (and sorry to bore those others who are conversant with what VST editing and all the rest means practically to us non-tech musicians-and I know this issue isn’t limited to just VST, so please an item-by-item explanation not just on each gap would be so helpful.  Merci.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 28, 2011 @ 02:17 AM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Sorry, people tend not to post Logic questions in the Logic forum so I miss them every now and then when Bad_Mister moves them over.

If it’s not too late to venture an answer: I don’t know that there is anything you cannot do. The VST Editor will not function at this time within Logic. There was some discussion about the time of your post that that might indeed change. See Yamaha_US’ post here

However, you can certainly utilize the external editor sucessfully by ‘Command+Tab’ between the two programs. And, if you purchase the FW16E option, you can create External Instrument Tracks that will allow you to port 16 channels of audio within Logic and bounce them in real time without having to record them as audio first. You can also add Logic effects to those tracks… You also can open an XF song within Cubase. That cannot be done within Logic.

I know of no other ‘limitations’…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 28, 2011 @ 02:21 AM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

hmm.. on closer inspection, maybe I did answer your question… And it seems to me that Yamaha_US’ response has been edited somewhat. At one time I thought he mentioned it happening possibly by December or by Namm…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 04, 2011 @ 04:14 AM
mymotif@2011
Total Posts:  13
Joined  03-17-2011

Hi,

Can anybody tell me what is the difference bteween FW16E
and a good audio interface ( like presonus)

If I need to buy one of them which one i should consider?
My need is to take performance from motif ( pattern ,song, voices arpeggios .etc ) to logic.

If I use presonus audio interface does cubase will have same facility for motif Xf i.e it can open songs from motif
as it does for FW16E

or Is it possible to record 16 channel separately within cubase
with other audio interface?

A.sanyal

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 04, 2011 @ 11:10 AM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

Can anybody tell me what is the difference bteween FW16E
and a good audio interface ( like presonus)

mmm, not really following the question. And, I don’t know which interface you are referring to in particular. So, the answer changes based on the interface. The FW16E can only be used inside of a compatible Motif… Wherever you are going to record, the Motif has to be there.  A Presonus is portable. The FW16E cannot accommodate XLR mics and has no phantom power. Most portable AI’s have at least two XLR inputs and phantom power as well. The Typically, you are going to get into some serious money for an audio interface to have capacity for 16 channels of audio that the FW16E carries…

or Is it possible to record 16 channel separately within cubase

This is possible within any DAW with the proper audio interface…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 04, 2011 @ 12:27 PM
mymotif@2011
Total Posts:  13
Joined  03-17-2011

Hi,

Thanks for response.

So what proper audio inerface do you suggest to get 16 channel data
from motif ( without installing FW16E )?

My concern is not to spent money if both of them serve the same purpose( Ignoring XLR or mic )

I dont have any audio interface now its connected through USB only.

My goal is to get motif performance recorded in logic an
and get to hear the sond from my macbook only.

A.sanyal

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ using my Motif Rack XS with Logic Pro 9
Next Topic:

how to add own foley sounds in logic ››