mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Hey"

Posted on: March 25, 2011 @ 04:51 PM
chaseme2200
Total Posts:  5
Joined  03-25-2011

Hey. I recently received the Yamaha Motif Xf8 and I am loving it. This is my first time getting a keyboard workstation so I’m very new to it (I use to use software plugins). I have been trying to find out a way to transport the sound from the motif into logic. I have created some music in the pattern sequencer and I was wondering is there a way to transport that from the sequencer in xf8 to the sequencer in logic? I have an Apogee Duet audio interface and I have tried to connect to my computer using the “1/4” but every time i connect it to the duet it sounds low in volume and distorted so I’m probably doing it wrong? Does anyone know how to set up the “1/4” from the motif to the Apogee duet to be able to play the sounds from the motif into logic?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2011 @ 05:28 PM
raomcz
Total Posts:  10
Joined  02-11-2011

Hi chaseme2200,

I have the same setup. You should use the software Apogee Maestro and set the 2 inputs for “Line”. After that, you should set the apogee duet input gains about 30%, because apogee duet has a high input gain, and set Motif master volume output about 70%…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2011 @ 07:40 PM
chaseme2200
Total Posts:  5
Joined  03-25-2011

Hey thanx sooo much!!! i finally got it workin and got all the gain out. You really helped me alot =D. Lol. Now i gotta figure out how to get this quantize down *sigh* it’s always somethin lol

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2011 @ 10:31 PM
raomcz
Total Posts:  10
Joined  02-11-2011

You’re welcome. You have a great setup: Apogee Duet + XF8 = Amazing Sound!!!

Best Regards,

Rogerio

[ Ignore ]