mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Time stretching an audio clip in Logic 9"

Posted on: March 12, 2011 @ 02:34 PM
Vertical
Total Posts:  209
Joined  12-12-2009

Hi
I watched a dozen of videos on YouTube to understand how to do time Strech in Logic 9 with an audio clip.

What I do:
I open Logic Pro 9, set tempo to 93 BPM. I press play in Logic. Motif XS which is used as tone generator is starting playing his SONG.
Next, I press stop. I open Apple Loop browser and drop one loop to Logic’s main window. Logic asks if I want to copy tempo settings, I say No.
Then I try exactly the same things I saw on YouTube: I press and hold ‘Option’ button and try to stretch audio with mouse, holding the audio clip for its bottom right corner. Audio is stretching, but when I realize the mouse everything seems is ok, but when I press play in Logic again I hear that audio didn’t stretch it is played with the same tempo.
When I click on audio clip it goes back to previous length without asking me!
Nothing works!

I’m totally confused

Moreover, if I select audio clip, set green locators and goes to Audio -> Time stretch to nearest locators, nothing happens!

Why? What im doing wrong?

Help!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2011 @ 05:00 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

I am not following- are you recording the XS as audio and then attempting to time stretch it? Or, are you attempting to time stretch an Apple Loop? Apple loops automatically adjust to tempo. For Apple loops, you must first uncheck ‘follow tempo’ in the tracks inpector before you can time stretch…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Can’t Record in Logic
Next Topic:

I want my Xf sequencer to be quantized by Logic. ››