mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "In Over My Head"

Posted on: February 18, 2011 @ 07:05 AM
barber7
Total Posts:  1
Joined  11-24-2010

My Church invested in xf8 strictly for performance and I am the keyboard player. The manual does little to teach you how to get the most out of this great piece of technology so I am stumbling through and barely scratching the surface of the xf8’s potential.
Is there anywhere I can get more instruction that is user friendly. I am not a tchno geared person so it needs to be easy to understand. Fell like Im in over my head.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 18, 2011 @ 05:14 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

In my opinion the best thing is to find someone locally who is willing to help you. Could be another user or someone from the music store. Figure out what you want to accomplish as a guide to the person helping you.

My suggestion:
1. How to select voices (you have probably figured that out)
2. How to use Performance Mode to layer different sounds (no arpeggios or drums - just layered sounds like piano, strings, etc.)
3. How to create your own performances
4. How to use Master Mode to set up song set lists.
5. How to load additional voice banks into RAM (for more sounds)

Unless you are playing by yourself, everything else is advanced work in an ensemble environment where timing across the team is a big factor. Most churches never get beyond using the ‘playing’ voices like piano, EP, etc.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 15, 2011 @ 12:32 AM
charter21p5
Total Posts:  50
Joined  02-19-2011

Hey Barber,
I have the xf8 as well. Order the yamaha XS DVD. It will teach you how to unleash the beast. It is basically the same keyboard. Yamaha sells this DVD for like $20 or $30.

Steve

[ Ignore ]