mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MIDI Setup Question.."

Posted on: January 05, 2011 @ 03:09 PM
phurd
Total Posts:  76
Joined  10-22-2008

I know this will sound like a pretty basic question to some of you but this has me stumped..

Right now I use a MIDI controller with my XS. It’s you’re basic MIDI setup; MIDI Out to MIDI In. But I want to add another controller to the setup, it’s a smaller board I wear with a guitar strap, but I can’t seem to get it to work.

Is this setup possible or would I need an external MIDI interface to pull this off?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2011 @ 03:26 PM
phurd
Total Posts:  76
Joined  10-22-2008

I wanted to add a little more detail to my question to maybe help clarify..

I want to use 3 keyboards in my set up.

*I want my Motif XS (I’ll call it “KEYBOARD #1") as the Master by which all voices will come from for each of the other 2 keyboards.

*I want to use “KEYBOARD #2” as a slave using the XS voices only

*I want to use “KEYBOARD #3” as an additional slave using the XS voices only

The goal here is to utilize “KEYBOARD #2 and #3” from the SONG MODE on the XS.

Does anyone have an example of what the MIDI setup would be?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 07, 2011 @ 10:01 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

One way to accomplish your goal is to use a midi merger that features 2 inputs merged into one out put. 
http://www.midisolutions.com/prodmrg.htm

You plug each of your external controllers into the inputs, and route the output of the merge device to the midi in on your Motif.  Set the Motif up in either song or pattern mode, with the Motif keyboard transmitting on channel 1 (default). Select the voice you want the Motif to play on Part 1. Set up the voice you want for controller B to play on part (channel) 2, and what you want controller “C” to play on 3.  Set the external midi controller B to transmit on channel 2 and controller C to transmit on channel 3

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 13, 2011 @ 05:52 PM
DaveHurd
Total Posts:  1
Joined  02-13-2011

Hi Patrick,

I was stuck trying to do the same thing and wound up getting a use MOTU MIDI Timepiece AV for next to nothing.

You can checkout what I have for a setup at the following link:

http://www.the-hurds.net/MIDI_Studio/index.shtml

Jump partway down that page to the MIDI Controllers section and click on the link there to MOTU MIDI Timepiece.

Cheers!
Dave

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Stereo stage setup
Next Topic:

I need advice: How to switch sounds on stage? ››