mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "A question on creating your own Arpeggiators. Read Please!"

Posted on: January 07, 2011 @ 02:18 PM
shorterboybaldonboy
Total Posts:  16
Joined  01-07-2011

Hello peeps, I’m very new to this forum and quite lost. I may totally be in an unfamiliar area with this topic, or it may already be a topic addressing this issue. Thanx in advance! Now, my question is, is there anyway and how (Please explain in detail or direct me to detailed information)that I can create an ARP from scratch to totally sound and feel the way I want it to? Such as like in extreme dance and pop music (like make synth chord hit on the “1 E and 2 E and three E and 4 E and” counts (and make the chords hold longer on the ands of the counts.)) And also to create them in Polyphony range? If someone would explain in very detail on how to do this or again direct me to detailed information “MAN!” it would be very appreciated! I MEAN VERY!!

THANX A MILI!
PEACE!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 12, 2011 @ 04:00 PM
dfahrner
Total Posts:  67
Joined  03-10-2009

As you’ve probably realized by now, very few people have used the instrument’s Arpeggio capabilites, much less created their own ARPs...there is a very basic description in the owner’s manual on how to copy song or pattern tracks to a user ARP (Song Job 07, Put Track to Arpeggio, on page 206)...the process works just as described; I’ve used it to create some simple “ending” ARPs with held notes and drum fills...there is a little more information on ARPS and how they work in the manual (Arpeggio Block description on page 62), and some more here on the Motifator site (under Support/MotifXS/Articles) but nothing that ties it all together...your best bet is to just dig in and create some user ARPs with the song and pattern jobs, and experiment with the various parameters until you get the new ARP to play the way you want it to…

Where is that XF/XS ARP manager, anyway?  That would make user ARPs a lot easier…

df

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 12, 2011 @ 07:50 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

The manual for the ES Arp Manager software is online here and reading it may help you better understand how the arp process works in general (it’s actually a four track polyphonic sequencer).

Like dfahrner wrote, the information you want is scattered around rather than being in one document.

Creating your own arp patterns is a powerful feature but it’s far from being an intuitive process.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2011 @ 02:57 AM
shorterboybaldonboy
Total Posts:  16
Joined  01-07-2011

Thanx guys! I’m gonna use this helpful information to the best of my ability.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ moving arps from ES to Cubase 4.5 Mac
Next Topic:

arp copyrights ››