mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Drum mix voices?"

Posted on: September 22, 2010 @ 04:29 PM
bsmart
Total Posts:  225
Joined  01-12-2005

As I understood it, one of the improvements for the XF was that it was now possible to edit and save drum voices as mix voices in the Song and Pattern modes. I tried this today, and couldn’t get it to work.

I started a new pattern. I selected a preset drum voice for part 1. Then, I pressed Mix, part 1, F6, then Store. In here, I can only select the user drum location for saving the drum voice. I can’t arrow over to the bank to change udr to mixv.

Is this not possible after all? Is a different method required when saving drum mix voices?

I’ve saved normal mix voices just fine in the past, and it still works now. When saving a regular voice, I can select to save it as a mix voice, or in any of the 4 user banks. I just don’t get this choice when I’m saving a drum voice.

BTW: I’m on XF firmware 1.12.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 22, 2010 @ 05:54 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

You did not understand it correctly, you can now Edit drum kits while in SONG MIXING or PATTERN MIXING mode but you must STORE that kit to one of the 32 USER Drum bank locations.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 22, 2010 @ 09:10 PM
bsmart
Total Posts:  225
Joined  01-12-2005

Oh wow. That’s pretty disappointing.

Is this the sort of thing that could possibly be addressed through software updates? I was thinking that I’d finally be able to use drum mix voices so that I could set effects on my drums (compression and special effects etc) and save as part of the song, instead of having to make a user kit for every situation.

So, reasonable possibility of change, or pretty much no chance?

[ Ignore ]