mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "The biggest Motif defect"

Page 7 of 7
Posted on: September 05, 2010 @ 12:04 AM
radurobert
Total Posts:  794
Joined  03-05-2009
bsmart - 04 September 2010 11:10 PM

Holy crap.

1 The only people from Yamaha that are on this forum are people that are here to raise awareness of the Motif or to help you with technical problems. No product designers are here. No software or hardware engineers are here. No Yamaha sound designers are here, just 3rd party designers. The Yamaha marketing and support people can write down your remarks, but they can’t force anyone in Japan to do anything. The people in Japan design it and make it. They tell the people on this forum to promote it and support it. That’s it. You’re wasting your breath and your time.

2 The Motif XF was designed three years ago. The software is already written. The boards have already been built, and are arriving in stores. This is what it is. Buy it, or buy something else. Personally, I hope that you buy something else, so that we don’t have to hear from you anymore.

3 I really wish that the forum developers would make it so that we could not only ignore certain people, but ignore threads started by certain people. These guys haven’t ever posted anything that has ever taught me anything. We can’t eject them from the forum, but I bet that most of us would like to eject them from the forum that we have to see.

1 That’s not true . Record on USB function is because Motifator users requested here in this forum ))).  2 U don’t realise that XS is just a computer WITH MORE THAN 1 PROCESSOR that is running LINUX. 3 America > liberty of speaking. That’s because only u and a few want me out. U are the minority and not the majority ..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2010 @ 01:06 AM
Funkster
Total Posts:  449
Joined  07-20-2008

Personally I think you are annoying and have bad english grammar, but getting past that, some of your points make sense even if they seem outlandish.

Distilled in a nutshell you seem to be saying that Yamaha doesn’t update their software as often as you would like.

What I’d like to see is an open source computer running linux with low latency that is set up to be a “universal sound module” that is programmable by whomever.

Something like a muse receptor but cheaper and open source and with a better screen/gui. But who would build it and who would code it?

It would sure be nice though
Funkster

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2010 @ 08:00 AM
radurobert
Joined  03-05-2009
Funkster - 05 September 2010 01:06 AM

Personally I think you are annoying and have bad english grammar, but getting past that, some of your points make sense even if they seem outlandish.

Distilled in a nutshell you seem to be saying that Yamaha doesn’t update their software as often as you would like.

What I’d like to see is an open source computer running linux with low latency that is set up to be a “universal sound module” that is programmable by whomever.

Something like a muse receptor but cheaper and open source and with a better screen/gui. But who would build it and who would code it?

It would sure be nice though
Funkster

))))))) U have no knowledge about DAW’s and ASIO settings but u speak thinking u are the studio expert. That’s also annoying )) i’m not the only one. YESSS the true is u can run a CHEAP computer 400$ with very LOW LATENCY, set up to be a “universal sound module”. But u must know you’re DAW & to be smart. If u have DAW problems and u can’t find the tricks, goo to a studio in you’re town and ...
Sooo what DAW are u using ??.What sound card ??. If u use a pro sound card u have the same ASIO SETTINGS IN both ?? sound card driver and Daw ?.
If u record audio, do u know how to adjust the sync timing ?. Sure u don’t. Distilled in a nutshell using a chep PC u can have better or the same latency compared to Motif.

I’m sure that Yamaha executive directors are visiting this forum twice a week so yes i’m glad to express what i’m feeling for this WEEK , FAKE , OLD, “ instrument “ that need to be updated with new EFX like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxpB6mKXDn0

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2010 @ 01:45 PM
Funkster
Total Posts:  449
Joined  07-20-2008

I know nothing about DAWs and ASIO settings?

Bullshit.

I’ve been using DAW since 1998 and I created some of the first VST plugins ever available from third parties.

Lowest latency settings I’ve been able to get out of a PC is about 4.5ms, which is NOT GOOD ENOUGH for me....

I hear rumors about people getting down to 1.5ms but I’ve never had success running that low on any modern interface.

That is why I’m asking people what HARDWARE—Not settings—People are using.

I don’t have time to try out every single possible interface to see what the actual (not just reported) latency is.

A dedicated computer module like I’m talking about can clearly have lower latency because they among other things can dominate the bus and don’t have to arbitrate it.

They can avoid video, mouse, etc interaction, and/or force that to be an extremely low priority.

That is why dedicated units can easily get into the sub millisecond latency range, and surely as low as 1-2 ms, compared to generic pcs which I have yet to see ever reliably get that low a latency (at 44.1khz).

Of course I have a solution to halve the latency of ASIO but I dont really feel like bringing it up at the moment...(It requires a MINOR change to the ASIO spec)

Funkster

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2010 @ 09:00 PM
radurobert
Joined  03-05-2009
Funkster - 05 September 2010 01:45 PM

I know nothing about DAWs and ASIO settings?

Lowest latency settings I’ve been able to get out of a PC is about 4.5ms, which is NOT GOOD ENOUGH for me....

I hear rumors about people getting down to 1.5ms but I’ve never had success running that low on any modern interface.

Funkster

For me 4ms is just perfect for MIDI. I can get down to 1.5ms but using this settings my CPU becomes too overloaded and there is really no difference between 1,5 and 4 ms. Strange.. If u want to work down to 1.0 ms no computer will be enough powerful to sustain the project. I think that Motif XS is working somewhere between 3-5ms.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 06, 2010 @ 03:12 AM
bsmart
Total Posts:  225
Joined  01-12-2005

@Radurobert, you have the freedom to say anything that you want. But we shouldn’t have to be spammed by you starting multiple threads, complaining about the same stuff, over and over. People explain business decisions that make things what they are, but you either don’t understand or don’t care. People explain technical reasons to you for why things are the way they are, but you don’t understand or care. You just want what you want. You want a mega do-everything Motif, where the 61 key version would end up costing $6,000 or more. I have the money, and would happily buy it. However, many people that buy Motifs don’t. Yamaha would sell fewer of them, so, to make the same money, they’d have to jack the price up to $8,000 or $10,000. This just isn’t going to happen. People have explained it to you, and you just keep saying the same things over and over. We’ve already heard it. No one can do anything. Motif XF is made. Maybe the Motif XF+ that will come out 3 years from now will be different. No one is going to recall all of the XFs and change them now. These keyboards take 3 years to develop.

So, you don’t understand, or care, or something. You just keep saying the same things over and over. I can’t do anything about your problems. Most all of us reading here can’t. You’re just making the forum suck with arguing about things that don’t matter. Maybe you should have an argument about the sky color, and see if that gets changed? It would be just as useful.

Anyway, you either don’t understand, or care, or don’t care what a mess you’re making the forum for those of us that are just users, and don’t care to be spammed day after day with your complaints about things that can’t be changed. Since you don’t care about us, and obviously won’t stop, I want a way that I can block you and your threads from showing up to me. You can write as much as you want then, but I don’t have to read it. There is no point in me reading it. I can’t do anything. I also can’t explain anything to you, either.

Please please please, can we have an upgrade to the ignore feature in the forums? Most all of the first page of subjects in the forum is nothing but this guys various bitching threads.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 06, 2010 @ 05:58 AM
kevland1
Total Posts:  1107
Joined  11-06-2005

I wish Yamaha would publish tens of thousands of Performaces for separate purchase.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 06, 2010 @ 06:49 AM
DmitryKo
Total Posts:  1483
Joined  07-25-2002
bsmart - 06 September 2010 03:12 AM

I want a way that I can block you and your threads from showing up to me.
Please please please, can we have an upgrade to the ignore feature in the forums?

There is no need to upgrade - both individual posts and threads started by a user in the ignore list will be hidden by the forum software.
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 06, 2010 @ 07:22 AM
tuquoque
Total Posts:  563
Joined  08-15-2007

The easiest way to ignore something is just ignore it.
Why do you need technology for that?

Or is it because the threads started by radurobert are just simply irresistable? Over 3000 readers in this thread and over 90 replys, that’s a lot.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 06, 2010 @ 09:13 AM
radurobert
Joined  03-05-2009
bsmart - 06 September 2010 03:12 AM

@Radurobert, you have the freedom to say anything that you want. But we shouldn’t have to be spammed by you starting multiple threads, complaining about the same stuff, over and over. People explain business decisions that make things what they are, but you either don’t understand or don’t care. People explain technical reasons to you for why things are the way they are, but you don’t understand or care. You just want what you want. You want a mega do-everything Motif, where the 61 key version would end up costing $6,000 or more. I have the money, and would happily buy it. However, many people that buy Motifs don’t. Yamaha would sell fewer of them, so, to make the same money, they’d have to jack the price up to $8,000 or $10,000. This just isn’t going to happen. People have explained it to you, and you just keep saying the same things over and over. We’ve already heard it. No one can do anything. Motif XF is made. Maybe the Motif XF+ that will come out 3 years from now will be different. No one is going to recall all of the XFs and change them now. These keyboards take 3 years to develop.

So, you don’t understand, or care, or something. You just keep saying the same things over and over. I can’t do anything about your problems. Most all of us reading here can’t. You’re just making the forum suck with arguing about things that don’t matter. Maybe you should have an argument about the sky color, and see if that gets changed? It would be just as useful.

Anyway, you either don’t understand, or care, or don’t care what a mess you’re making the forum for those of us that are just users, and don’t care to be spammed day after day with your complaints about things that can’t be changed. Since you don’t care about us, and obviously won’t stop, I want a way that I can block you and your threads from showing up to me. You can write as much as you want then, but I don’t have to read it. There is no point in me reading it. I can’t do anything. I also can’t explain anything to you, either.

Please please please, can we have an upgrade to the ignore feature in the forums? Most all of the first page of subjects in the forum is nothing but this guys various bitching threads.

your logic sucks. So u can’t understand what i’m saying in this topic ?.I say what Yamaha already have said in the past. In the past they have said that Motif XS is a special platform to develop future technologies. Of course is possible and i think that this was Yamaha first future plan.

But maybe they have abandoned this plan thinking. Why to invest more money in Motif XS if we can gain profit with insignificant investments ?.Motif XS is just a computer with multiple processors that is running LInux !. Ok if u think that i’m the nasty one in this commercial game, u can ignore me. But you’re logic sucks. U can’t understand that the easiest way to ignore someone is to just avoid reading his words. So u need a special upgrade to the ignore feature in the forums ?. )))) If u think that i’m the nasty one in this commercial MARKETING game, u can ignore me by pressing the ignore button over and over again. That’s ok. I wish you good luck in your ignoring tentative ))

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 06, 2010 @ 09:19 AM
RobsonLuis
Total Posts:  264
Joined  12-11-2008
kevland1 - 06 September 2010 05:58 AM

I wish Yamaha would publish tens of thousands of Performaces for separate purchase.

+1

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 06, 2010 @ 05:44 PM
Venatt
Total Posts:  744
Joined  07-11-2004

Somebody here mentioned the Acces Virus Ti Polar been a very good synth, and supposed a lot of VIP’s artists use it. What does it have compare to an Alesis Andromeda, a Waldorf Q, MotifXS, M3, Kurzweil PC3, Nord Lead 3 or Wave.

Suposedly this music was made with a Virus

http://www.myspace.com/nathanprofitt

But what makes this super expensive machine suposedly very “powerful” ?????

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 06, 2010 @ 05:58 PM
radurobert
Joined  03-05-2009
venattboy - 06 September 2010 05:44 PM

Somebody here mentioned the Acces Virus Ti Polar been a very good synth, and supposed a lot of VIP’s artists use it. What does it have compare to an Alesis Andromeda, a Waldorf Q, MotifXS, M3, Kurzweil PC3, Nord Lead 3 or Wave.

Suposedly this music was made with a Virus

http://www.myspace.com/nathanprofitt

But what makes this super expensive machine suposedly very “powerful” ?????

That’s why >

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7NIvwrjMpk

Ti is the king of VAs ))

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 06, 2010 @ 06:14 PM
Venatt
Total Posts:  744
Joined  07-11-2004

On this video they used the Virus and Motif XS. The XS does the bass lines, drum kits and pads, the Virus does the Rythmic Chords, it says in spanish that it’s all been process through Logic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NFIHQL1ouI&feature=related

So it seems both synths complement each other very well.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2010 @ 08:07 AM
radurobert
Joined  03-05-2009
venattboy - 06 September 2010 06:14 PM

On this video they used the Virus and Motif XS. The XS does the bass lines, drum kits and pads, the Virus does the Rythmic Chords, it says in spanish that it’s all been process through Logic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NFIHQL1ouI&feature=related

So it seems both synths complement each other very well.

i’m not impressed by this one it sounds fake to me. Why don’t u find another one to sound really cool ?.  I have searched over the youtube and i can’t find one to sound really produced. This Motif Demmo that u give me, sounds really week and fake like a keyboard and not like a music production tool . Right ?. So if u can find one that sounds really produced, modern and commercial ready for the radio, i will agree about that.... On the Motif is written “music production synthesizer” . But ....

[ Ignore ]  

Page 7 of 7