mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Making the Motif as fun as a PSR…(arps etc)"

Posted on: September 15, 2010 @ 11:33 PM
Funkster
Total Posts:  449
Joined  07-20-2008

So I have two Yamaha keyboards.... A motif XS and a DGX-202.

The DGX-202 I bought for my wife a while back..(a dgx is a psr that is sold in best buy etc instead of music stores but otherwise they are the same).

Compared to my Kurzweil, the DGX was just plain fun to play.

It was easy to call up styles and groove along with them...that was what led to be buying the orders of magnitude more expensive Motif.

But I now have the the DGX hooked up to my computer again (as a cheap controller for VSTis) and I am again really enjoying all the arps/styles on there.

The rock ones are very tasty, the jazz ones are really good and more usable than the Motif ones, the big band ones are very cool, and it even has the 6/8 and 5/4 meters that people have been asking for ....

I’d really like to see arps from the PSR in the motif if they arent already, as well as download performances.

I’d like to see downloadable performances (lots of them) that just use the factory sounds, in more rock, classic rock, blues (faster blues), jazz, etc.... And get rid of all those darn techno ones.

Soundware guys! I know there are some soundware ppl here :)

Make it fun like a PSR but way better sound quality which the motif has already.....

F

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 16, 2010 @ 12:36 AM
louvation
Total Posts:  4
Joined  06-09-2009

well the simplest way I’d say would be to hook up your motif to the dgx via midi and use the dgx as a controller to the xs on song or pattern mode then choose voices at will to match the ones on each channel on the dgx I’ve done that before with a cheap casio and sir I was amased how much fun I got out of the junk casio.. lol.... ppl might think it’s crazy but sometimes I simply have a little bit of lasiness to program and it is fun to use all the motif power on simple things like that.. good luck.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 16, 2010 @ 02:42 AM
Funkster
Total Posts:  449
Joined  07-20-2008

Yeah I’ve done that and I’m doing that.....but I also want to sell the DGX and get something else I don’t want to hang on to it just because it has the arps taht my motif should have....

I really think having downloadable performances whether or not they use samples (preferably taht dont) would be great.

Let’s say you love techno. You could download 300 perfs and put that in your usr banks for perfs.

Let’s say you hate techno you could download 100 rock and 100 blues and 100 jazz perfs....DCP and ksounds take heed!

And yamaha too...You can pay those guys to create stuff and then give it away free. That way EVERYONE is happy :)

F

[ Ignore ]