mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "sampling to flash ram"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: September 14, 2010 @ 01:55 AM
totallykenny
Total Posts:  39
Joined  12-16-2009

Glad I started this, Bad_Mister great job on info as allways !!!  I like my new XS , and it has 1gig for whatever I need mmm RAM ... cheap to… Flash wow $399.00 enjoy boys and girls . Make MUSIC !!!! Oh I know 128 will work fine my EMU esi32 works great with 32megs for over 13 years still going strong… As for the XF great Keyboard Flash , New sounds, black,, I love Yamaha, they have the best Customer Support I know. You call help is there !!!!!!!!!!  Plus this web site many real good people great info ..My regards .

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 14, 2010 @ 02:26 PM
regisnieto
Total Posts:  7
Joined  09-14-2010

Hi,

I’m very new to this, so it might be a stupid question. I’ve been reading that you can only sample 128mb with the XF. Does it mean K-Sounds piano sample (that has almost 500mb) won’t load with the XF?

Thanks,

Regis

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 14, 2010 @ 06:34 PM
GospelMusicians
Total Posts:  336
Joined  08-26-2010

Excuse me for chiming in so late, but is it not the year 2010. Is that so hard to understand that in 2010, we should expect at least 2GB of sample room, even if you feel we don’t need it.

The beauty of the launch of GiGA Studio is that we were not restricted by looping and trimming anymore. Why you want us to go back to that?

Anyway....the solution is to get the new voice/wave editor. Edit your stuff in the compuer and load it all to Flash when done.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 15, 2010 @ 04:42 AM
delirium
Total Posts:  2441
Joined  11-16-2006
GospelMusicians - 14 September 2010 06:34 PM

Anyway....the solution is to get the new voice/wave editor. Edit your stuff in the compuer and load it all to Flash when done.

I don’t like to be forced to use computer, computer are overrated anyway and by 2012 will be obsolete.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 15, 2010 @ 12:13 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

You don’t need to use a computer if you don’t want to.

The XF has all the tools to load either directly to flash ( as is the case with the K Sounds pianos or to load into RAM and then copy to flash.  You can load multiple waves from a folder at once and you can also load from the same memory devices without duplicating waveforms.

You can load what you want where you want on the XF without a computer.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 15, 2010 @ 12:27 PM
GospelMusicians
Total Posts:  336
Joined  08-26-2010
Yamaha_US - 15 September 2010 12:13 PM

The XF has all the tools to load either directly to flash ( as is the case with the K Sounds pianos or to load into RAM and then copy to flash.  You can load multiple waves from a folder at once and you can also load from the same memory devices without duplicating waveforms.

The issue is not with loading. The issue is with having the ability to edit samples greater than 128MB.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 15, 2010 @ 12:44 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002
GospelMusicians - 15 September 2010 12:27 PM
Yamaha_US - 15 September 2010 12:13 PM

The issue is not with loading. The issue is with having the ability to edit samples greater than 128MB.

I’ve never “edited” a single sample longer than 128MB. The average
4 minute stereo CD track at 16bit 44.1khz takes up around 56 MB. What
on earth could you possibly be editing that is larger than 128MB?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 15, 2010 @ 02:08 PM
delirium
Total Posts:  2441
Joined  11-16-2006
DavePolich - 15 September 2010 12:44 PM

I’ve never “edited” a single sample longer than 128MB. The average
4 minute stereo CD track at 16bit 44.1khz takes up around 56 MB. What on earth could you possibly be editing that is larger than 128MB?

Dave maybe you play/edit only short pop songs but some of us like to play longer…

e.g. some Pink Floyd songs:
Atome Heart Mother (1970) - 01. Atome Heart Mother Suite (23:35)
Meddle (1971) - 06. Echoes (23:37)
animals (1977) - 02. Dogs (17:03)

also:
Iron Butterfly In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (1968) 17:05

Dream Theater “Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence” 42:04

Iron Butterfly In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (1968) 17:05

Celebration of the Lizard King - The Doors (14:25)

Angola Anthem - Dr. John (17:35)

Adventures of Greggery Peccary - Frank Zappa (20:33)

Bull of Heaven, “The Chosen Priest and Apostle of Infinite Space.” is longer then 2 months

etc etc

besides the point is why to take what we already had in XS???

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 15, 2010 @ 03:01 PM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

.... and YOU pretend to be “some of us”?

Well, if you listen clearly you can hear that all those works
were glued together in the producers room.

Besides, 6 minutes of the same thing is enough for most listeners.

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 15, 2010 @ 03:05 PM
bkvogel
Total Posts:  30
Joined  09-09-2010

1. For starters all of those are songs and should be recorded in a DAW.

2. If you need to playback a 74 minute song then you could copy the stereo wav to flash and play away.

3. Sample RAM is for sampling and as many have said where would you use a sample larger then 6+ minutes?

4. To answer “why take away what we already had in the XS”? The motif is a 32bit OS and only capable of roughly 3.7gb. of address space. If you take away the flash then you simple have a black XS with a little more presets. A better question would be why is the Motif XF still using a 32bit OS?  part of the answer is a 64bit OS will only solve the address space issue. The other issue is the physical layout of the motherboard. It’s really no defferent then your PC motherboard. How many slots are available for memory? Even if you could fill them does your OS support them.

Summary, The XF does not nor will ever have any more then 128mb. RAM with 2GB of FLASH. So if this shoe does not fix look at the XS. If it does not fix then move on. Brian

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Phantom power on the XF
Next Topic:

Motif XS VST editor and Sonar ››