mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to make a WAV or AIFF for CD/MP3… HOW do get more recording time or reset the time back to 74 mins"

Posted on: September 13, 2010 @ 03:39 PM
jonnygarrido
Total Posts:  14
Joined  02-23-2010

i have been using the on board recording system to then convert the wav files into MP3, I have used up all the 74 mins that the On board recorder allows me to use and i would like to know how i can reset or override the previous recordings to get an other 74 mins, I have tried resting the motif to factory default and it still hasn’t changed the time i am allowed to record and export it on to a usb device. If any one has any idea on how to do so it will be great . Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 13, 2010 @ 04:24 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Not sure what you are doing, exactly. Normally, a CD is made up of several compositions or selections separated by a few seconds to allow the listener a moment to recoup.

Using the Motif XF AUDIO RECORD to USB feature the longest single song you can record is 74 minutes. To reset the time, simply start a new file. We doubt that you are really recording songs that long, and if you are, then one should do for a CD.

The AUDIO RECORD function on the XF allows you record a .wav file @ 16-bit/44.1kHz which pretty much matches what you can fit on a standard writable CD.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 14, 2010 @ 02:46 AM
jonnygarrido
Total Posts:  14
Joined  02-23-2010

i am using the Xs8 should that matter? tried using a new file but i didnt work.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 14, 2010 @ 08:06 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I’m sorry. what didn’t work? You’ll have to describe exactly what it is you are trying to do.

The longest continuous .wav file that the XF can make is 74 minutes, provided your drive has that much room. Typically when some one is creating a CD it is made up of a number of songs (re: individual .wav files). Say you have 12 songs… you would have 12 .wav files that make up that CD.

None of those 12 can be longer than 74 minutes. Say each song is 5 minutes, that would give you twelve 5 minute songs. about an hour of music. Okay? The total can be whatever you wish (up to the limit of your CD, which typically at 44.1kHz/16-bit is approximately 74 minutes!)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Loading the new XF Arp’s
Next Topic:

MOTIF XF & Korg M3 ››