mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF OR FANTOM XR+MOTIF XS RACK"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: September 09, 2010 @ 11:15 AM
Mystic38
Total Posts:  79
Joined  09-04-2010

Well
In saying that, on the Fantom the large bright screen and UI is easier to get started with, the FG sounds “"cleaner"” than the Fantom X (and hence XR), the keybed is great and the pads are real handy. For live use in particular it is outstanding.

Now.. in saying that:
a) the Fantom is a devil to use as a keyboard controller.. there is not the same level of out-the-box integration with the software (even their own Sonar) as you would get with an XF and much less than a fully programmable controller.
b) The OS of course has its share of pre-programmed *quirks*, interesting de-features, and there is an *interesting* (to say the least) file management structure,
c) My studio wall has several dents from me banging my head..but i am sure they would be there regardless of ROland, Yamaha or Korg..lol

At the end of the day I do not think you can go wrong with either
a) Motif + XR rack
b) Fantom G + XS rack
c) XR rack + XS rack + controller..

and the latter is likely the cheaper option for you?

coinstar - 09 September 2010 05:47 AM
Apex - 08 September 2010 09:23 PM
coinstar - 08 September 2010 08:52 PM

so i see you and apex see the 2 racks more nice

and me 2 i am thinking deep to get theme but did any one try the fantom xr editor with cubase?

who cares about the editor.  just set the xr to run in mutli-timbral mode and then access the different midi channels via cubase.  simple. 

if you must use the editor to edit sounds, etc… just access it standalone (outside of cubase)

peace.

ok what about fantom g with motif xs rack

it will be more nice than the fantom rack ???

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 09, 2010 @ 12:22 PM
Apex
Total Posts:  683
Joined  10-21-2005

and me 2 i am thinking deep to get theme but did any one try the fantom xr editor with cubase?

who cares about the editor.  just set the xr to run in mutli-timbral mode and then access the different midi channels via cubase.  simple. 

if you must use the editor to edit sounds, etc… just access it standalone (outside of cubase)

peace.

it depends… you just opened up an entire different beast.  makes the decision even harder.  but if you’ve already got a midi controller that you like.  I think you’ll be just as happy with the two racks.  you are going to sequence on the computer right?  not on the keyboard… right?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 09, 2010 @ 12:43 PM
coinstar
Total Posts:  74
Joined  05-13-2009
Apex - 09 September 2010 12:22 PM

peace.

it depends… you just opened up an entire different beast.  makes the decision even harder.  but if you’ve already got a midi controller that you like.  I think you’ll be just as happy with the two racks.  you are going to sequence on the computer right?  not on the keyboard… right?

yes i have novation sl MKII and its great and for sure am gonna sequence fomr computer with cubase , a friend working in music business tell me go with motif xf and korg m3m its great together

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 09, 2010 @ 12:57 PM
Apex
Total Posts:  683
Joined  10-21-2005
coinstar - 09 September 2010 12:43 PM
Apex - 09 September 2010 12:22 PM

peace.

yes i have novation sl MKII and its great and for sure am gonna sequence fomr computer with cubase , a friend working in music business tell me go with motif xf and korg m3m its great together

you mean XS and m3 or XF and m3?  if you got the money to buy a XF and an m3 right now then… by all means go ahead.  I’m sure you’ll be more than happy with that set up.  to be honest either way, you’re gonna be happy and satisfied.  just go pull the trigger.  you could be making good music right now!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ XF w/ FW and sequencing VSTs
Next Topic:

Motif XS8 is at GC-El Paso TX ››