mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "3 new XF demo videos from Yamaha"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: September 08, 2010 @ 01:50 PM
Jive Talking Robot
Total Posts:  201
Joined  08-23-2010
Apex - 08 September 2010 01:48 PM

Jive what did I do?  ("play nice Apex").

^^^D’oh… You mis read my post! :) I was telling Devnor to be nice to you, not the other way around - I was giving you some respect Apex. :) You are the Korg/Roland/Motif go to guy in my book and have offered a lot of your time helping me out.  I got your back!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2010 @ 01:55 PM
alejandro
Total Posts:  162
Joined  09-26-2006

as far as where the same ROM went, I wouldn’t say the added ROM is all in the user banks (but I may be wrong).  I was just saying that a big portion of it must have gone to that S6 piano.  I just don’t see/hear the big difference in the sound.  It does sound great (don’t get me wrong on that), but I don’t hear the difference from the XS…

Actually, new waveforms are only pointed to USR1, because all other presets are exactly the same as Motif XS to keep compatibility with.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2010 @ 02:06 PM
Apex
Total Posts:  683
Joined  10-21-2005
alejandro - 08 September 2010 01:55 PM

as far as where the same ROM went, I wouldn’t say the added ROM is all in the user banks (but I may be wrong).  I was just saying that a big portion of it must have gone to that S6 piano.  I just don’t see/hear the big difference in the sound.  It does sound great (don’t get me wrong on that), but I don’t hear the difference from the XS…

Actually, new waveforms are only pointed to USR1, because all other presets are exactly the same as Motif XS to keep compatibility with.

oh ok.  Jive you were right then!!!  Wow… that’s interesting.  So they really did kinda dress the XS up in a new package… (sorry if that makes anyone mad)

So it is safe to say that outside of the USR1 bank the other sounds are EXACTLY THE SAME… and you only have what… 4 banks worth of user area to take advantage of the new Wave ROM?  hm....

very interesting. 

this opens things up or shall I say “closes” them up for me quite a bit.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2010 @ 02:10 PM
Jive Talking Robot
Total Posts:  201
Joined  08-23-2010

The Wave ROMS are the same but the DACs are better, so the same content sounds better coming out of the XF.  XS owners who have played the XF have said this (or who have been able to A-B compare them), but I can’t confirm it myself.

Also remember that they will be giving away 3 NEW banks of content shortly (per the FAQ) - I think it is like 500MB of content.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2010 @ 02:17 PM
radurobert
Total Posts:  794
Joined  03-05-2009

Speaking about synth sounds i watched all 3 demos and i’m not impressed by those synth sounds. I mean is the same over bright synth sound that sounds good but don’t sound amazing.

That sounds too digital.For synth sounds Motif sound like a good looking digital photo !. But u can’t compare a good looking digital photo, versus a good looking Picasso paint. Never ever . That’s why i have requested several new filters and efx for Motif ..

I can always anticipate how Motif synths will sound, so those new sounds can’t surprise me. For me Motif have become very telegraphic . I mean once i heard the factory synth sounds, there will be NO new synth sounds coming to surprise me out of Motif. I loaded several synth sound banks and was really NO surprise. The same synth sound again and again. A synth sound that is very limited in flavors and not unlimited in flavors.

u can’t compare a good looking digital photo, versus a good looking Picasso paint.I’m right ??.

And beside that i don’t think those synth sounds can be used in commercial songs.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2