mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Joel (From Umphrey’s McGee) Using An XF"

Posted on: September 07, 2010 @ 05:31 PM
dgarvich
Total Posts:  125
Joined  02-15-2009

Recently Umphrey’s McGee (one of my favorite bands) covered the new Cee Lo song “F*** You” - obviously the lyrics of the song are NSFW.

But what I was more curious about was the very beginning of the video on their blog post found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sDcwQs2ess&feature=player_embedded

Is that an XF that Joel is playing in their warm-up?  It looks like it to me… and if so, is that what he’s playing on stage now too?

This was at the North Coast Music Festival, which was from September 3rd-5th… so if Joel IS playing an XF he got one and got it on stage QUICK.

Edit:  Their URL had a disallowed word in it and wouldn’t work, I linked directly to their YouTube video instead.  You can find their blog here if you’d like to see it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 07, 2010 @ 05:46 PM
alejandro
Total Posts:  162
Joined  09-26-2006

Obviously it’s not.

Have you seen the green screen of the keyboard? Motif XF has color screen, and way bigger.

Maybe it’s a Yamaha S90ES.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 07, 2010 @ 05:56 PM
dgarvich
Total Posts:  125
Joined  02-15-2009
alejandro - 07 September 2010 05:46 PM

Obviously it’s not.

Have you seen the green screen of the keyboard? Motif XF has color screen, and way bigger.

Maybe it’s a Yamaha S90ES.

You may be right… It looked to me like it had less buttons under the dial than an S90ES.  The buttons under the dial really look(ed) like an XF to me.  But you’re right… the screen is off.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ I don’t understand "Fixed SD/BD for Drum-Arpeggios"
Next Topic:

The Ultimate Motif XF ››