mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Quit bashing the XF!  Leave XF alone!"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: September 06, 2010 @ 09:51 PM
Funkster
Total Posts:  449
Joined  07-20-2008

So let me get this straight.

You want a new subforum, and then you expect the dbags that you dont like to just automatically post in the new forum?

Or you want some moderator to move things to that forum?

I think it’s unlikely the dbags will post in the forum you want.

I don’t know how motifated the mods would be to shuffle posts around.

I think ignore is your ticket honestly,
F

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 06, 2010 @ 10:00 PM
keytarhero
Total Posts:  305
Joined  07-03-2008
Funkster - 06 September 2010 09:51 PM

So let me get this straight.

You want a new subforum, and then you expect the dbags that you dont like to just automatically post in the new forum?

Or you want some moderator to move things to that forum?

I think it’s unlikely the dbags will post in the forum you want.

I don’t know how motifated the mods would be to shuffle posts around.

I think ignore is your ticket honestly,
F

You could be right.  So in that case, a flag option would be best.  Like I was saying, “Ignore” just takes an ugly mess and makes it a confusing mess.  I don’t appreciate seeing people harassed...these “users” need to go.  Yamaha doesn’t want to sensor which is great, but if the power is in the collective hands of the users, that is politically ok.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 06, 2010 @ 10:05 PM
Funkster
Joined  07-20-2008

There is a flag option. It’s right next to ignore. It’s called “Report”.

F

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 06, 2010 @ 10:27 PM
keytarhero
Total Posts:  305
Joined  07-03-2008
Funkster - 06 September 2010 10:05 PM

F

You’re right.  I suppose I’m using my the term “flag” from some of my previous experience in other forums.  The “Report” function is great, but will only get rid of that comment.  I guess what I want is a “vote off” button.  In which these users will be out of here for their offense.  Somebody censoring themselves to instead say “dummies” or “idiot-head” (please excuse my language here), should not be tolerated.  We aren’t here to baby sit.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 06, 2010 @ 10:41 PM
dgarvich
Total Posts:  125
Joined  02-15-2009
keytarhero - 06 September 2010 10:27 PM
Funkster - 06 September 2010 10:05 PM

F

You’re right.  I suppose I’m using my the term “flag” from some of my previous experience in other forums.  The “Report” function is great, but will only get rid of that comment.  I guess what I want is a “vote off” button.  In which these users will be out of here for their offense.  Somebody censoring themselves to instead say “dummies” or “idiot-head” (please excuse my language here), should not be tolerated.  We aren’t here to baby sit.

Some sites have “karma” ratings.  But it’s not a trivial addition and it probably isn’t big enough of a problem here to be warranted.

As someone who has managed a LOT of forums the easiest thing I personally have found to do is to “ghost block” people based on their account.

You take problem accounts and mark them as such, then their posts only show up for administrators and that particular account (no other users would see what they were saying).  So the poster has NO idea their post is hidden from everyone else (and are often baffled as to why people just wholesale stopped replying to them, which usually improves their attitude some) and admins can monitor their “progress” to see if they should be “unbanned.” All this without the “omg no wai you banned me lawl wtf u suck!?” drama that generally comes with it.  And in general, it’s a pretty easy set of code changes to make it happen.

“Ignore” is not a good option because these threads are being hijacked.  Meaning… as an example… I would have no idea why the awesome information the Yamaha folks are offering resulted in people crying about FireWire vs USB… even though they have no clue what they’re talking about and constantly contradict themselves in their own ill-advised argument.

“Report” should be reserved for content that needs to be moderated based on forum rules (obsenity or off-topic content).  It’s generally not meant to “report” people for consistently being jerks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 06, 2010 @ 10:45 PM
Funkster
Joined  07-20-2008

If I had to choose between free speech, and letting people like you decide, I’d take free speech any day.

I’m the one who was posting about Firewire vs USB.

The thread was not hijacked. It started out as that. In my top post I even preambled it with “hey, here comes my FW rant again”.

I don’t know what you’re complaining about but I feel like you are hijacking a lot of threads to complain.

That’s my opinion. If it keeps up I might put you on ignore.

If you don’t want to read stuff use the Ignore feature. It’s really that simple.

Now, off to buy a USB Midi Controller for my Netbook :)

F

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 06, 2010 @ 11:25 PM
Ruke
Total Posts:  226
Joined  07-22-2003

Does it ever end??? Please just write or play some music.  Do something productive. We would much rather hear your music than your rant.
Lot’s of choices out there. Take your pick and go for it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 06, 2010 @ 11:46 PM
jimandchris
Total Posts:  101
Joined  08-01-2002

Well put Ruke.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 07, 2010 @ 02:35 AM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

Yes, some years ago this forum was about music ..................

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 07, 2010 @ 04:52 AM
bsmart
Total Posts:  225
Joined  01-12-2005

I’m adding my vote for the ideas/suggestions/future products forum.

If these peeps want to give ideas for the next Motif, Tyros, or what-ever, that’s great. I don’t have any problem with them pointing out ways that the current models could be improved. People could specifically go to that forum to talk shop regarding future possibilities.

The problem is that this forum isn’t about what the 2013 Motif should be, it is about using the Motif that is in stores now.

Threads going off track is nothing new. The extreme hijacking, though, is frustrating. I’m not sure what to do about it.

However, when someone starts threads that are obviously feature requests/future product discussions, they should be moved to the new forum, since this forum is for help using the Motif.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Very real hardware alternative to the XF arrives
Next Topic:

HELP! (Newbie post) ››