mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sitting on the fence"

Posted on: August 30, 2010 @ 07:05 AM
McRhowen
Total Posts:  63
Joined  08-27-2010

I’m contemplating on which one is really suitable for me btw the xs/xf or the s90xs. I really like the motif xs/xf but the one i can afford right now is the least among them(xs6). The problem now is that, I play live and in the studio but mostly live and I want a balanced hammer keys which I can’t afford in xs. The only problem i have with s90xs is the fact that it doesnt have an on board sequencer which is really helpful for me to create patterns. I wouldn’t know if this could be done through cubase and played back on s90xs as pattern and not song. If they say xs and the s series are the similar, why this huge difference in price my God!? Hope if i buy the s90xs i wont regret?
I really need someone to help me now. Someone who has really tested the xs and s90xs and who reall know what they both can do.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 30, 2010 @ 07:28 AM
macpitty
Total Posts:  21
Joined  07-27-2004
McRhowen - 30 August 2010 07:05 AM

I’m contemplating on which one is really suitable for me btw the xs/xf or the s90xs. I really like the motif xs/xf but the one i can afford right now is the least among them(xs6). The problem now is that, I play live and in the studio but mostly live and I want a balanced hammer keys which I can’t afford in xs. The only problem i have with s90xs is the fact that it doesnt have an on board sequencer which is really helpful for me to create patterns. I wouldn’t know if this could be done through cubase and played back on s90xs as pattern and not song. If they say xs and the s series are the similar, why this huge difference in price my God!? Hope if i buy the s90xs i wont regret?
I really need someone to help me now. Someone who has really tested the xs and s90xs and who reall know what they both can do.

As a user of S70xs and motif xs i will try to help you with your decision:
The S90xs (or S70xs) is a very intuitive board. all parameters are easily to edit in realtime or - if you want to dig deeper - via the great studio manager with s90xs-vst-editor. if you only use the sample-rom and if you don’t need an internal sampling-unit, go for the S!
for me the only (little) downer on the s-board is the small display. but on the other hand you have the S6-Samples, that the motif xs has not!
the keybed is very good and the s70/90xs is an instrument for live-playing!
in your post i couldn’t really understand what you meant when you said you creating patterns. of course, motif xs has an own patternmode, but in cubase ai you can easily create patterns and loops with the onboard arpeggiator or your own patterns and phrases.
if you use the s90xs in combination with the cubase ai and studio manager with VST-editor you won’t miss the onboard-sequencer.
the s70/90xs is a brilliant instrument.
the workflow with cubase is excellent and efficent.
hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 30, 2010 @ 08:26 AM
McRhowen
Total Posts:  63
Joined  08-27-2010

thanx macpitty this sounds really motivating

[ Ignore ]