mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Dropping the price on the XS?"

Posted on: August 26, 2010 @ 03:22 AM
davepicc
Total Posts:  28
Joined  05-07-2003

Does anyone else feel like they’re getting shot in the foot with keyfax dropping the prices of the XS significantly a month before the XF is released? I know a lot of people who want to buy the XF being contingent on selling their XS and it kind of screws their loyal customers when they make it even more difficult to upgrade by dropping the price as low as they can so they can sell as much XS keyboards just before they sell even more keyboards when the XF gets released. Try putting the XS on ebay with those prices.  So much for the loyalty program.  Maybe it’s just me but it’s hard not to be frustrated by this stuff when you always feel you’re getting humped from both sides.

Pic

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2010 @ 04:28 AM
kday
Total Posts:  401
Joined  02-17-2004

Normal stuff nothing new. That’s how the business works. New keyboards have to come out and old keyboards like older products in general are always discounted. Or at least claimed to be discounted b4 new stock arrivals. This is not limited to synth manufactures but most all manufactures.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2010 @ 07:07 AM
delirium
Total Posts:  2441
Joined  11-16-2006

what difference does it make??? if you don’t sell it price drop is irrelevant, besides after initial hooray XF prices will drop and XS wil sky rock.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2010 @ 09:10 AM
BubbaMc
Total Posts:  66
Joined  08-23-2010
davepicc - 26 August 2010 03:22 AM

Does anyone else feel like they’re getting shot in the foot with keyfax dropping the prices of the XS significantly a month before the XF is released? I know a lot of people who want to buy the XF being contingent on selling their XS and it kind of screws their loyal customers when they make it even more difficult to upgrade by dropping the price as low as they can so they can sell as much XS keyboards just before they sell even more keyboards when the XF gets released. Try putting the XS on ebay with those prices.  So much for the loyalty program.  Maybe it’s just me but it’s hard not to be frustrated by this stuff when you always feel you’re getting humped from both sides.

Pic

Such is the nature of digital gear, unfortunately.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2010 @ 09:26 AM
youdog
Total Posts:  482
Joined  01-31-2009
davepicc - 26 August 2010 03:22 AM

Pic

Davepicc would you be just as frustrated if you was looking to buy a XS today and find it for $350 less.

How many Yamaha keyboard do you need to buy to be put on a loyal customers list.

So you bought your XS and other stuff from Keyfax you are a loyal customer been humped from both sides.

Next mouth the price drop will be $500 look out now Hump hump hump.

[ Ignore ]