mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif xs7 with Mainstage"

Posted on: August 20, 2010 @ 10:07 AM
DanyK
Total Posts:  10
Joined  10-07-2009

Hello.

I’m wondering if someone could me with my problem.
I want to make program change from Mainstage to my Motif xs7 and other keyboards, but haven’t find out how to do.
I’ve got it to work when I do program change from my Motif to Mainstage but not the other way.
But then I also have an instrument patch in Mainstage that works with zone 2 in a mastermode patch.
When i send from my motif I have to have the closest number from the programchange number.
For example programchange number 110 in mainstage is 111 in Motif. That is the way to do?

I’ve read a few threads about this kind of situations but it haven’t helped me.
Read somethings about MSB and LSB but I don’t know what that is?
In my Motif I’m always in Master mode. Is it something you have to do in mastermode to make it work?

So to sum up:
When I change patch in Mainstage I want it to change mastermode patch in Motif and from there it changes patch to my triton.

Would be so thankful for helping me!

//
Daniel

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2010 @ 01:13 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

When i send from my motif I have to have the closest number from the programchange number.
For example programchange number 110 in mainstage is 111 in Motif. That is the way to do?

Sorry, we don’t know Mainstage, but seems you can get the Motif XS to send what you need so your good there… Program Change events on the coded message side numbers the 128 Programs starting with 0 and running through 127.

When musicians write down a list of sounds (Programs) they start counting with 1 and go through 128. So depending on your particular device you may have to deal with this -1 offset.

PRESET 1:001(A01) Full Concert Grand is sound number 1
But when you want to send a Program Change event in a sequencer you may find an option for the first program to be listed as 000.

Its that simple and complex:
Ask a normal human to count to 10 they start at 1
Ask a computer to count to 10 it starts at 0

MSB and LSB are Control Change messages that can be used for different functions in MIDI - things like BANK SELECT.

Please see the following: Bank Select and Program Change

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2010 @ 01:22 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

Try putting the Motif in Performance or Voice mode. I don’t believe a
Master can be selected with a program change, since in theory it is supposed to be sending program changes and acting as “the master”, and
thus cannot be regarded as a “program” on its own.

When I programmed the keyboards for the Michale Jackson “This Is It” tour
we found this to be the case - we could not send program changes to the
Motif XS if it was in Master Mode.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2010 @ 02:24 PM
kr=d+=+
Total Posts:  125
Joined  03-20-2009

hugh, why is my reply removed? I’m I on a black list? I did try to help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2010 @ 09:47 PM
DanyK
Total Posts:  10
Joined  10-07-2009

Thank you all for the replies! I’m so very grateful!!

As you all said, it doesn’t work in Master mode, but I’ve got it to work in voice mode.
So it does work after all, but not in the way I wanted. To bad…

It would be so great to had it work with Mainstage as an master! Just one key-push and all the problem would be solved.
But as it seems I have to make Motif as my master, and nothing wrong with that but the power and simplicity of mainstage is that I can make my setlist whenever I want to and that is so good!
Just change the setlist depending on the night and everything would just follow with an simple push.
But maybe it does work in the future to come.

if someone could make an solusion somehow, (I don’t know how though) please write.

Thank you all again for the help i’ve got!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif XF brochure
Next Topic:

New Product Releases Question ››